MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stonestreet Stars   Horse Racing

Started 4/21/11 by TripCrown73; 275730 views.
Derby132

4/21/11

Beautiful.  Thanks Mary.
MaryLOhio
Host

4/21/11

Love that one also, reminds me of my Uncle as he loved scenery like that.   He sure will be missed and so wish he could have lived long enough to see Rachel foal, he was so excited about that union
bowarrow1

4/21/11

You could see his passion for horses and racing in that clip. I wish he had had time to do more ... thanks for posting it . BB
GreybirdK

4/21/11

I hope his widow agrees with you!
Derby132

4/21/11

That eulogy by George Bolton is poignant.  He notes so many things he is sorry Jess will not live to see, the current 3yo's and other youngsters that Jess bred.   The legacy of his breeding philosophy he leaves behind but does not live to see himself.

It seems that Barbara Banke and his children will carry on.

Think you will be able to find and post that photo of you and your uncle with Jess Jackson?

GreybirdK

4/21/11

I really like what you wrote on the BH memory wall. Well said!
Derby132

4/21/11

That's a very nice article The Bloodhorse has out on Jess Jackson.  The memory wall, too.  Thanks for mentioning it.

In reply toRe: msg 56
SmartyFan

4/21/11

My sincere condolences to the family. He was truly one of those people who inspire.

GreybirdK

4/21/11

My personal JJ memory is drinking Rachel's pinot noir and blogging with you guys on a special night in January 2010 when his beautiful girl was voted Horse of the Year.  I say he loved her as much as we do.  I will be offering a toast to him with one of his wines at our family dinner Sunday.