MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Day medication reform   Horse Racing

Started by LyndaP31; 78987 views.
Derby132

5/11/12

Matt Hegarty þ @DRFHegarty

The Jockey Club and TOBA have launched a website advocating for "medication-free racing." The site can be found at http://cleanhorseracing.org.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/11/12

I like this, the two organizations that have teamed together, I do hope the the different state organizations listen.

gunny101

5/11/12

Got an email with the link to the survey. You bet I filled it out. 

Could we start a separate thread on this survey??? I'm afraid it could be lost in this thread, and as much participation as possible is needed.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/11/12

Melody did start a new thread.
In reply toRe: msg 95
Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/23/12

I think this is a great idea, but really not the best week to have the meeting.

Lasix ‘town-hall meeting’ set for Belmont week in Frankfort

An advisory from the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. My opinion: I can’t fathom why they would have something so important as this the week of the Belmont Stakes, especially with a Triple Crown on the line. There will be people – let’s start with trainer (and let’s not forget he’s also the owner of a bunch of horses) Dale Romans – who will need to be in New York with their horse. (OK, maybe that’s what the KHRC wants: Those industry stakeholders who actually race a lot of horses in the state and who have been fighting to keep Lasix to not be able to attend and speak their mind.) You know it’s funny. I’ve seen time after time the commission reschedule business so it doesn’t conflict with a horse sale. But it doesn’t seem to bother the commission if they have a conflict with racing. And never mind it diverts attention from what should be racing’s crowning time in the media spotlight.

Derby132

5/23/12

Unfair timing.

In reply toRe: msg 98
Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/24/12

THis is a call to action for Kentucky legislators, please sign if you feel the same as I do about lasix

KYsally (kwsally)

5/24/12

Is this a new one or the same one from a couple of weeks ago???

XXOO