MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 303742 views.
Derby132

11/14/11

I agree on them boys : )
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/14/11

Picture Workforce: Set to stand in Japan

WORKFORCE RETIRED TO STUD

Workforce, brilliant winner of last year's Investec Derby and Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, has been retired to stud.

The four-year-old colt, owned by Khalid Abdullah and bred by his Juddmonte Farms operation, will stand at Teruya Yoshida's Shadai Farm in Japan.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/11/11/14/RACING_Workforce.html&BID=465

lizinuk

11/14/11

That's where Harbinger went after he was retired due to injury. I'm sorry to see Workforce go and I hope they look after him well. I wish it were easier to keep track of them when they get sold to Japan.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/14/11

I agree with you that it is hard to watch them in Japan, though I think they know that they are being watched and I do not see anything happening to him over there. I am sorry Workforce is retired now too, I wish they could have tried to bring him back next year though with his pedigree and the races he won, he is worth more as a stud.
Derby132

11/14/11

Not alot of activity for Backtalk lately and he also has just been retired. 

GoldMark Farm's Grade 2 winner Backtalk (Smarty Jones) has been retired from racing and will stand the upcoming breeding season at Vinery Florida. A precocious juvenile, the Tom Amoss trainee won his first three starts, including the Grade 3 Bashford Manor and the Grade 2 Sanford. At three, Backtalk captured the Sportsman's Paradise and placed in four other stakes, chiefly the Grade 3 Illinois Derby. The four-year-old finished second in the March 26 Duncan F. Kenner Stakes in what turned out to be his final start, and he retires with a 15-4-4-3 mark and earnings of $405,051. "Backtalk possessed a determined acceleration which made him a thrilling competitor on the track and we are honored to stand him at such a quality farm as Vinery," stated T. Paul Bulmahn, the owner of GoldMark Farm. Todd Quast, GoldMark's general manager, added, "We look forward to seeing him pass on his imposing conformation and precocious abilities to his offspring." Bred in Florida by Cloverleaf Farms II, Backtalk is out of the stakes-winning Affirmed mare Apasionata Sonata. He is a half-brother to multiple Grade 2 winner and Grade 1-placed Bsharpsonata (Pulpit), a winner of nearly $600,000. Backtalk was scheduled to arrive at Vinery Florida Monday at noon (EST) and will be available for inspection any time. He will stand for a fee of $3,500

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi?print=

KYsally (kwsally)

11/14/11

That was posted on the Smarty Babies thread a couple of days ago.  Lexi and I had been wondering what happened to him.  He worked the first of October - guess it didn't go well and they retired him.

XXOO
Derby132

11/14/11

I saw that last work and then his last race was March, makes you wonder.

My Mr. Fantasy was gelded last week and goes to the farm he was born at with his dam in a week or two.  I'm kinda sad, he was a Romeo with the girls.  But so very happy with the outcome for him.  He's going home to people who raised him and love him.

KYsally (kwsally)

11/14/11

Thats great news on Mr. Fantasy!!!!

XXOO
lexcdwm

11/15/11

That's great news on Mr. Fantasy! That he has a great home for his retirement!
Derby132

11/15/11

Yes, all these years it was in the back of my mind that of course one day he would no longer be racing.  West Point is all class and they themselves have taken great care with Mr. Fantasy over the years in the decisions they've made for him.  And now hand that care over to those who bred him.  I'm so happy for Mr. Fantasy and for his breeders.  They've stayed close to him all these years and are there for him now.  And he'll be in NY!