MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 303510 views.
Derby132

11/14/11

I saw that last work and then his last race was March, makes you wonder.

My Mr. Fantasy was gelded last week and goes to the farm he was born at with his dam in a week or two.  I'm kinda sad, he was a Romeo with the girls.  But so very happy with the outcome for him.  He's going home to people who raised him and love him.

KYsally (kwsally)

11/14/11

Thats great news on Mr. Fantasy!!!!

XXOO
lexcdwm

11/15/11

That's great news on Mr. Fantasy! That he has a great home for his retirement!
Derby132

11/15/11

Yes, all these years it was in the back of my mind that of course one day he would no longer be racing.  West Point is all class and they themselves have taken great care with Mr. Fantasy over the years in the decisions they've made for him.  And now hand that care over to those who bred him.  I'm so happy for Mr. Fantasy and for his breeders.  They've stayed close to him all these years and are there for him now.  And he'll be in NY!
lexcdwm

11/15/11

Yea! Hopefully that means you can visit that hunky boy from time to time.
GreybirdK

11/15/11

He looks amazing.  I hope he passes on his courage and fire to the next generation. 
gerchgo

11/15/11

Big Drama...

http://www.drf.com/news/big-drama-stand-stonewall-farm-10000

Great place for Mr Fantasy, btw.......you can go see him then.... :-)

ger

GreybirdK

11/15/11

After the 12th place finish in the Arc, I wonder if they felt like the time had come.

I share the worry about horses that go to Japan but he's at a top stallion station and maybe he will end up standing in Ireland one day.  

Derby132

11/15/11

Thanks for the news on Big Drama going to Stonewall Farm for stud duty.  Wish him all the best.  And will miss him.

Already making plans to visit Mr. Fantasy and my mom is making up a basket of goodies to send him... : )

gerchgo

11/15/11

Your mom is going with you? How fun!!!!

Tapit is getting closer to Dynaformer's fee

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66167/tapits-fee-for-12-at-gainesway-125000