MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 329705 views.
Hmmmm, could it be the "breed for speed instead of stamina" philosophy that seems to pervade the industry?
KYsally (kwsally)

11/17/11

To me it is - wish it were different!

XXOO
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/18/11

Drosselmeyer will be standing in KY not NY sorry!

Breeders' Cup Classic winner Drosselmeyer to stand at winStar Fram in Kentucky rather than New York

By Glenye Cain Oakford

http://www.drf.com/news/breeders-cup-classic-winner-drosselmeyer-stand-winstar-farm-kentucky-rather-new-york

LEXINGTON, Ky. – WinStar Farm has worked out a new plan for Drosselmeyer, the 2010 Belmont Stakes winner and 2011 Breeders’ Cup Classic winner, who will now stand at WinStar near Versailles, Ky., rather than at Keane Farm in New York as originally planned.

• Edited 11/18/2011 4:40 pm by Amy (1pony)
Derby132

11/18/11

Hey!   I saw the news earlier this week that he would stand in KY but timng for retirement was still up in the air - I see this answers that! 

Happy Retirement Drosselmeyer!!!!  I love his stamina and I hope others see it as a big plus!  We need stallions like Dross to switch things up in this country - Go Drosselmeyer!!!

Ah, it's official then...thanks for the memories, Drosselmeyer!  I fell for you originally because of the "Nutcracker connection" and you never disappointed me.  I wish you a long and healthy retirement (which is well-deserved imo), and will look forward to "meeting" your babies down the road.

((((((((((DROSSELMEYER))))))))))

lobieb

11/19/11

Don't know if retireing mares are allowed on here but Shared Account  was retired yesterday out of Graham Motions barn and was sent to Sagamore Farms to become a broodmare.  May she live a good life.
Derby132

11/19/11

Hey Lo - any retirement, horse...jockey...trainer, etc.

Thanks for sharing the news on Shared Account and I hope she loves her life at Sagamore Farm.

I would say ALL are welcome here ~ and congratulations to Shared Account, and best wishes for a healthy retirement and safe foaling!
gerchgo

11/21/11

My boy Musket Man is moving to Louisiana from Florida, for stud duties.....wish he would come to Kentucky.....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66294/musket-man-to-elite-thoroughbreds

ger

Derby132

11/21/11

Musket Man - I always had alot of repsect for him.  I hope he does well with the move.  Depending on how his runners do eventually you just never know - he could get to KY.