MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 329691 views.
Derby132

11/18/11

Hey!   I saw the news earlier this week that he would stand in KY but timng for retirement was still up in the air - I see this answers that! 

Happy Retirement Drosselmeyer!!!!  I love his stamina and I hope others see it as a big plus!  We need stallions like Dross to switch things up in this country - Go Drosselmeyer!!!

Ah, it's official then...thanks for the memories, Drosselmeyer!  I fell for you originally because of the "Nutcracker connection" and you never disappointed me.  I wish you a long and healthy retirement (which is well-deserved imo), and will look forward to "meeting" your babies down the road.

((((((((((DROSSELMEYER))))))))))

lobieb

11/19/11

Don't know if retireing mares are allowed on here but Shared Account  was retired yesterday out of Graham Motions barn and was sent to Sagamore Farms to become a broodmare.  May she live a good life.
Derby132

11/19/11

Hey Lo - any retirement, horse...jockey...trainer, etc.

Thanks for sharing the news on Shared Account and I hope she loves her life at Sagamore Farm.

I would say ALL are welcome here ~ and congratulations to Shared Account, and best wishes for a healthy retirement and safe foaling!
gerchgo

11/21/11

My boy Musket Man is moving to Louisiana from Florida, for stud duties.....wish he would come to Kentucky.....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66294/musket-man-to-elite-thoroughbreds

ger

Derby132

11/21/11

Musket Man - I always had alot of repsect for him.  I hope he does well with the move.  Depending on how his runners do eventually you just never know - he could get to KY.
Derby132

11/21/11

I just read that Giant Oak is continuing to improve and may only have a bruise - we will likely see him race again......so this is a  non-retirement post : )
LindaVA3

11/21/11

WOO HOO!  Thanks for letting me know :)
KYsally (kwsally)

11/21/11

I was hoping he was just bruised and sore - thats good news!

XXOO