MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 329689 views.

Ah, it's official then...thanks for the memories, Drosselmeyer!  I fell for you originally because of the "Nutcracker connection" and you never disappointed me.  I wish you a long and healthy retirement (which is well-deserved imo), and will look forward to "meeting" your babies down the road.

((((((((((DROSSELMEYER))))))))))

lobieb

11/19/11

Don't know if retireing mares are allowed on here but Shared Account  was retired yesterday out of Graham Motions barn and was sent to Sagamore Farms to become a broodmare.  May she live a good life.
Derby132

11/19/11

Hey Lo - any retirement, horse...jockey...trainer, etc.

Thanks for sharing the news on Shared Account and I hope she loves her life at Sagamore Farm.

I would say ALL are welcome here ~ and congratulations to Shared Account, and best wishes for a healthy retirement and safe foaling!
gerchgo

11/21/11

My boy Musket Man is moving to Louisiana from Florida, for stud duties.....wish he would come to Kentucky.....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66294/musket-man-to-elite-thoroughbreds

ger

Derby132

11/21/11

Musket Man - I always had alot of repsect for him.  I hope he does well with the move.  Depending on how his runners do eventually you just never know - he could get to KY.
Derby132

11/21/11

I just read that Giant Oak is continuing to improve and may only have a bruise - we will likely see him race again......so this is a  non-retirement post : )
LindaVA3

11/21/11

WOO HOO!  Thanks for letting me know :)
KYsally (kwsally)

11/21/11

I was hoping he was just bruised and sore - thats good news!

XXOO

Derby132

11/22/11

American Lion retires to Darby Dan.  Happy to read their excitement about him, he's a beautiful colt.

American Lion retired, to stand at Darby Dan

“I have followed American Lion’s career, and have always been keen to stand him at stud,” said Robert Hammond, Darby Dan’s general manager. “He's the best looking son of Tiznow I've ever seen. He's a big, handsome, strapping physical who was very precocious on the track and showed tremendous speed. I am looking at Tiznow to be the next great sire of sires.”

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/american-lion-retired-to-stand-at-darby-dan/

• Edited 11/22/2011 9:28 pm ET by Derby132