MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 329687 views.
Derby132

11/19/11

Hey Lo - any retirement, horse...jockey...trainer, etc.

Thanks for sharing the news on Shared Account and I hope she loves her life at Sagamore Farm.

I would say ALL are welcome here ~ and congratulations to Shared Account, and best wishes for a healthy retirement and safe foaling!
gerchgo

11/21/11

My boy Musket Man is moving to Louisiana from Florida, for stud duties.....wish he would come to Kentucky.....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66294/musket-man-to-elite-thoroughbreds

ger

Derby132

11/21/11

Musket Man - I always had alot of repsect for him.  I hope he does well with the move.  Depending on how his runners do eventually you just never know - he could get to KY.
Derby132

11/21/11

I just read that Giant Oak is continuing to improve and may only have a bruise - we will likely see him race again......so this is a  non-retirement post : )
LindaVA3

11/21/11

WOO HOO!  Thanks for letting me know :)
KYsally (kwsally)

11/21/11

I was hoping he was just bruised and sore - thats good news!

XXOO

Derby132

11/22/11

American Lion retires to Darby Dan.  Happy to read their excitement about him, he's a beautiful colt.

American Lion retired, to stand at Darby Dan

“I have followed American Lion’s career, and have always been keen to stand him at stud,” said Robert Hammond, Darby Dan’s general manager. “He's the best looking son of Tiznow I've ever seen. He's a big, handsome, strapping physical who was very precocious on the track and showed tremendous speed. I am looking at Tiznow to be the next great sire of sires.”

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/american-lion-retired-to-stand-at-darby-dan/

• Edited 11/22/2011 9:28 pm ET by Derby132
KYsally (kwsally)

11/22/11

WOW - was wondering what happened to him.  Had him in my virtual derby stable.

XXOO
Derby132

11/23/11

Fabulous Strike joins Old Friends roster

Fabulous Strike, winner of the 2007 Vosburgh Stakes, has been permanently pensioned at Old FriendsThoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, KY.

The 8-year-old Pennsylvania bred was retired from racing in September and was donated to Old Friends by his owner and breeder, Walter Downey and his Tea Party Stable.
In addition to the Vosburgh, Fabulous Strikes earned victories include the Grade I Aristides Breeders’ Cup Sprint in 2007 and the Grade II Alfred G. Vanderbilt H. in 2009. In all, the gelded son of Smart Strike captured 15 of his 28 starts and had total career earnings of $1, 448, 399.
After suffering an injury in 2009, Fabulous Strike was sidelined for 18 months during which he underwent stem cell therapy at Pennsylvania’s New Bolton Center