MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 531374 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-23

Condolences to all who loved her. This filly was incredible and I was looking forward to her running in the BC.

cigarello

Sep-23

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this- RIP beautiful girl and condolences to all those who love and cared for you.

gerchgo

Sep-26

Happy Happy B, 2 yr old by Honor Code, tripped and fell before the wire in the Bertram Stakes, rac 4 at Belmont today, he was euthanized on the track.:( my condolences to his connections. Jose Ortiz was brought to first aid for evaluation, he was attempting to get up when medics said no.

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited September 26, 2021 4:32 pm  by  gerchgo
cigarello

Sep-26

Oh. no-- so heart breaking---Condolences to all who love and cared for him---

Flurry84

Sep-26

Happened to be watching when the injury occurred.  Happy Happy B was just two years of age, so very sad for those who loved him.

gerchgo

Sep-26

I think he sorta tripped on left and caught himself with the right and when he broke it. You could see him try to get up before the camera panned to the winner, it didn’t look good. Maggie seemed rattled when reporting on it, so sad.

Flurry84

Sep-26

thank you for the input on how the fall happened;  it was too fast to analyze  (for me).  Yes, you are absolutely correct about Maggie's reporting afterward.  She and her husband spend so much time on track they probably had watched this horse work.  Such a sad time.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-27

I was just coming to post this. Run free Caressing!

Flurry84

Sep-27

Caressing, what a great mare.  In addition to West Coast, I have followed Gold Hawk (by Empire Maker)  who was still running at 10 yrs of age, I believe.  Have always followed the progeny of Honour and Glory since they go straight back to Man 'O War and Caressing was one of the best.  Running in the Lord's meadows now.