MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 530278 views.
cigarello

Oct-7

Oh no- my heart is broken- I was so happy when he survived- how sad and awful-- Condolences to all who love and cared for this courageous warrior.

Flurry84

Oct-7

Such sad news about Lord Nelson.  Condolences to those who loved him.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Oct-8

Unfortunately it is a disease that doesn’t fully go away. His heart to beat it the first time was incredible. Now he is pain free in Heaven running with the herd. 
I hate Laminitis so much! 

cigarello

Oct-8

His death from laminitis really got to me: I thought (obviously wrongly) that he had battled and beat the dreaded disease of laminitis.  You point out it doesn't really go away and I was not aware of that. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Oct-8

Unfortunately the laminea never fully recover and any small set back can trigger it. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Oct-16

Condolences to Chad Brown, Klaravich Stables and his caretakers. 
I hope Paco will be able to race again soon. Article says his should was out of the joint but not broken.

gerchgo

Oct-24

Bob Neumeir has died, he was in hospice for the past 8 weeks with congestive heart issues. I remember when he had his stroke a few years ago, and was happy to see him return to the Derby and BC. RIP Bob, my condolences to his family and friends

https://www.boston.com/sports/media/2021/10/24/bob-neumeier-longtime-boston-sports-reporter-and-nbc-horse-racing-expert-dies/

cigarello

Oct-25

I felt very sad when I read this--- I always liked him. RIP---

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Oct-28

This was the coolest best trained horse on the track. Condolences to all who loved him. :(

gerchgo

Oct-29

RIP sweet boy, my condolences to Donna and connections.