MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 567567 views.
Flurry84

Nov-30

What a great producer she was for WinStar.  Wish Paulick Report could have used a photo of her instead of Bluegrass Cat in their announcement of her loss.  Thank you to Bloodhorse for finding an image of this beautiful and great mare.  May she rest in peace.

Derby132

Nov-30

Aw, she is the dam of my Martino’s sire - Bluegrass Cat.

gerchgo

Nov-30

RIP sweet mama.

gerchgo

Dec-4

Simply Ravishing’s dam has died at 13:( RIP Four Wishes, my condolences to her connections.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/255360/four-wishes-dam-of-simply-ravishing-dies-at-13

gerchgo

Dec-6

OMG! Medina Spirit has died, collapsed after his workout today. RIP MS, my condolences to his connections.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/255412/medina-spirit-collapses-dies-after-santa-anita-workout

• Edited December 6, 2021 12:36 pm  by  gerchgo
Derby132

Dec-6

So shocked to read this.  Terrible loss of a great horse.  So sudden but at least it was quick and he did not suffer.

Derby132

Dec-6

Wrong article linked in your post.

gerchgo

Dec-6

Thanks, fixed it.

So sad.:(

Flurry84

Dec-6

In the third hr. of Steve Byk he said there was something unconfirmed that was going to have a lot of impact if true.  So, guess everyone was waiting to hear.  Coming from SA.  About 11:45 he was able to inform his listeners about Medina Spirit.   Heartbreaking news about this incredible and beautiful horse.  Prayers of comfort to those who loved him.  May he rest in peace.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-6

My heart is broken for this fabulous equine and his connections. Run Free Medina. I will always remember your gutsy Derby win and no matter what they finally decide you are the 2021 Derby winner.