MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jockey's and Trainer's Thread   Horse Racing

Started 3/9/12 by SmittyCat3; 399690 views.
gerchgo

Jun-25

Yes, he’s a good man and even better horseman! He’s still breaking babies and wants to get into the management end at the track.

cigarello

Jun-29

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/06/29/bob-baffert-justify-triple-crown-failed-drug-test-california/

Article from the Washington Post: "Officials worked secretly to clear Baffert's Justify amid

2018 Triple Crown run, records show"

The news just keeps getting worse and I for one, feel sad about this. 

gerchgo

Jun-29

I knew this from various reports that have come out since Ruis filed his lawsuit. They dawdled, then changed the law, didn’t want to “harm” Baffert . I’m sure any other horse would have been DQ’d  and not be able to go to the Derby. I hope we can get a nationwide policy on how every track has to handle and punish trainers and such, through the Integrity Act!

Derby132

Jun-29

I can’t read the article Marilyn posted.  I do remember rules being changed that benefitted Baffert.

cigarello

Jun-30

It is behind a paywall: I checked the internet to see if this article was anywhere else besides the Washington Post and it isn't.

Derby132

Jun-30

I was able to find a similar article on the Paulick Report.

Derby132

Jun-30

I agree with this!  No delays.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-15

I hope they can convince the Legislators to reconsider these measures in the Bill. Trainers will not be able to pay 150% above state minimum wage and honestly some of this sounds like the workers would be part of a union. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-25

Prayers for the jockeys, sounds like the horses maybe ok.