MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jockey's and Trainer's Thread   Horse Racing

Started 3/9/12 by SmittyCat3; 459858 views.
SmittyCat3

3/27/12

Ugh that has to suck. 

Left hand huh? I wonder if he's a righty - still sucks big time. I drilled a hole through my thumb last month and couldn't use that hand. It just makes you more klutzy and more likely to injure something else.

Thx for the update
Derby132

3/27/12

That's awesome Smitty.
SmittyCat3

3/27/12

I think they are! Former FOB Teresa Genaro is on the board and the BCCA is Edgar Prado's pet charity (bet you knew that).

Here's another story I had to re-read as an antidote to the LUCK/PETA/Drape news. I just hope there'll still be a track to go to when I'm 97
gerchgo

4/3/12

Ramon is taking a conservative approach in his return to racing, but he will be doing alot of traveling in a short period of time...

http://www.drf.com/news/aqueduct-dominguez-taking-it-slow-comeback

ger

SmittyCat3

4/3/12

these poor guys, you always wonder how much pressure they're under to snap back and prove to everyone they're ok when they might not be...

gerchgo

4/3/12

Can't imagine the pain he'll feel as the horse pulls during a race....of course, he is riding horses that he knows well, and can anticipate when that might occur during a race, but still.....ouch!
SmittyCat3

4/3/12

HRTV was talking about it the other day = saying they know how much pain they can tolerate coming back from an injury - I know with me it would be zero....!
Amy (1pony)
Staff

4/5/12

Talamo gets win #1000

https://twitter.com/#!/DRFAndersen

Steve Andersen þ @DRFAndersen

Splendid Fortune was an easy winner of Thursday's fourth race as a 2-5 shot, giving jockey Joe Talamo his 1,000th career win.

Derby132

4/5/12

Just seeing this - great article on that lovely fan of 97! 

Nope, did not know that about Edgar Prado.