MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

European Racing   Horse Racing

Started 7/21/12 by KentuckyTB; 252496 views.
Amy (1pony)

8/8/12

And the field starts to get smaller

Nathaniel 'more likely' to run in Ireland than take on Frankel at York

• John Gosden plans to monitor weather before targets
• Dancing Rain might try International if field is small

Hopes that Frankel might face a worthy opponent in his next race began to fade last night as it emerged that Nathaniel may very well miss York's Juddmonte International in favour of another target in September. The news comes a day after Cirrus Des Aigles was ruled out of the International, having taken too long to recover from an ankle injury.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/08/nathaniel-likely-ireland-frankel-york?CMP=twt_gu

Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/20/12

Sara here is a link to Frankel's racecard for his Wednesday race, he is going for his 13th win and it's his first attempt at 1 1/4 miles.

KentuckyTB

8/20/12

Ooof.  140 vs the low weight at 99!  Geez louise!  It will be a great race though - looking forward to seeing St Nich Abbey again... Farhh, Twice Over... Should be a good race and I really hope Frankel stretches it out easily! 
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/20/12

It will be a good race and I think Frankel is ready to stretch out!!
KentuckyTB

8/20/12

I do too - he has always appeared to have plenty in his tank so I don't think the distance will be an issue at all.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/20/12

Very true plus he has grown up and listen's to his jockey and now waits to make his run.
In reply toRe: msg 18
Derby132

9/2/12

Danedream!

Derby132

9/8/12

SNOW FAIRY - did you see her??????
In reply toRe: msg 51
Derby132

9/8/12

Race replay at the link...

Sensational Snow Fairy wins Irish Champion

THE amazing Snow Fairy added another incredible chapter to what is one of racing's great rags-to-riches stories as she defeated Nathaniel and St Nicholas Abbey to win the Irish Champion Stakes.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/sensational-snow-fairy-wins-irish-champion-stakes/1110867/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Derby132

9/8/12

Catch this replay....the wonderful Snow Fairy.