MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeding News   Horse Racing

Started 11/24/12 by Derby132; 560457 views.
cigarello

Jun-24

I absolutely love Northern Dancer  have read every book about him.  He was an amazing stallion whose blood courses through many of the great European sires--- who   sired progeny that displayed both speed and stamina. For me, he is the little horse that could, and did, against all odds.

Flurry84

Jun-24

Do you ever get to see the current Spendthrift commercial which shows charts with Phalaris, Northern Dancer, Into Mischief and other greats?  It was just on a minute ago.  A tribute to the history and glory of the TB.

cigarello

Jun-24

No I have never seen it---where did you see this commercial, on TVG?

Flurry84

Jun-24

I believe it was on TVG, but might have been on one of the Fox Sports channels.  Not a brand new commercial, so may have been shown on all by now.

Flurry84

Jun-26

Didn't want this under Belmont Stakes and there is no topic for just Belmont, so will mention it here.  Today at Belmont, the Havre de Grace colt made a beautiful debut.  Saint Tapit, by Tapit, a big gorgeous chestnut and he won decisively.  So happy for Mandy Pope and of course for Havre de Grace.  It is so hard for the greatest mares to produce runners and she has had several who have not distinguished themselves yet.  Hope everyone got to see it or can pull it up later.

gerchgo

Jun-26

Yes! I was able to watch my recording after I got home from work. Very nice win, and looking like going long will not be a problem! Looking forward to his next race, I’m sure Mandy was very happy!

cigarello

Jun-28

good to hear-- I am sure they could use some time off- I dont like

stallions shuttling anyway!   

gerchgo

Jun-28

I don’t either.