MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeding News   Horse Racing

Started 11/24/12 by Derby132; 562232 views.
Flurry84

Jun-26

Didn't want this under Belmont Stakes and there is no topic for just Belmont, so will mention it here.  Today at Belmont, the Havre de Grace colt made a beautiful debut.  Saint Tapit, by Tapit, a big gorgeous chestnut and he won decisively.  So happy for Mandy Pope and of course for Havre de Grace.  It is so hard for the greatest mares to produce runners and she has had several who have not distinguished themselves yet.  Hope everyone got to see it or can pull it up later.

gerchgo

Jun-26

Yes! I was able to watch my recording after I got home from work. Very nice win, and looking like going long will not be a problem! Looking forward to his next race, I’m sure Mandy was very happy!

cigarello

Jun-28

good to hear-- I am sure they could use some time off- I dont like

stallions shuttling anyway!   

gerchgo

Jun-28

I don’t either.

Flurry84

Jun-29

Shuttling always reminds me of Scat Daddy who died far too soon.  What a fine sire he was.

cigarello

Jun-29

I too think of Scat Daddy when I think of Sbuttling-- I think he was 11 years 

old when he died- he was a fine sire and had so much more to give---I worry

about American Pharoah-- Both his daddy and  grand daddy died much too 

young.  

Flurry84

Jun-29

I worry about American Pharoah too.  So help me, if something happens to him I will raise cain everywhere I participate online.  Shuttling shortens the lives of lots of stallions in my opinion.  There are certainly some horses who do just fine, but they are all so precious to some of us!