MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 136182 views.
cigarello

Jan-29

Thanks for the update: i missed watching the races today!! sorry to hear Ran Char bled

Flurry84

Feb-3

Malibu Splash just won very nicely at Charlestown in an allowance for fillies and mares.  Jockey used her a bit from the 9 post to get a good spot close up and she was running in second.  Up for the first spot!

gerchgo

Feb-3

Well, Kandy Charge finished 5th on Feb 1, April’s No Fool was scratched after refusing to load( which was strange as the #1 horse didn’t either and took more time than they gave April ??) but Malibu Splash charged right to the front in her race and won! 

Flurry84

Feb-3

Too bad about April's No Fool but Malibu Splash really looked good tonight!

gerchgo

Feb-3

I was smiling as she raced to the front like her daddy used to ( but they never let him stay there, always tried to rate him).

Flurry84

Feb-3

You mentioned the attempts to rate Nicanor so long ago and I suppose that was the strategy of Kandy Charge's jockey two days ago.  He absolutely stood up for a long while in the saddle before he made any attempts to do more.  A dismal performance, lost by 30 lengths.  Never could have made up that many lengths under best of circumstances unless it was a reincarnation of Zenyatta.

cigarello

Feb-4

Thanks for the info: it is great when Nic-Len's babies do well!

gerchgo

Feb-6

Not liking this as he just ran on the 1st and finished 5th

Kandy Charge is entered to run on February 10, 2021, at MAHONING VALLEY RACE COURSE.

Full Entries for Race Overnight 

Race: 1 - 12:45 PM        Exacta / 50 cent Trifecta / 10 cent Superfecta / Daily Double

ALLOWANCE 

Purse: $ 30,500. (Includes $8,700 - OTF - Ohio Thoroughbred Fund) . For Registered Ohio Bred Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races. Three Year Olds, 118 Lbs.; Older, 126 Lbs. Non-winners Of A Race Since January 10 Allowed 2 Lbs. (Races Where Entered For $15,000 Or Less Not Considered In Weight Allowances). One Mile.

PP Horse A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer
6 Kandy Charge 7/G Sonny Leon 124 Danny R. Bird
Flurry84

Feb-6

Hi,  Thanks for info.  Here is what I have for Nic and Lentenor coming up:

Today:

Laurel race 8:  Seany P  (Nic)

Turfway race 4:  Cacahuete  (Lent)

ChasTown race 9:  Nicaloe  (Nic)

Feb 8:

Mahoning race 5:  Chief Big Head  (Lent)

Feb 10:

Mahoning race 1:  Kandy Charge  (Nic)

Feb 12:

Oaklawn race 9:  Uphold  (Lent)

As far as I know no one has scratched, but some of these have been noted days ago.  Love that some tracks like Oaklawn and Fairgrounds announce their cards so far in advance.

Safe travels and victory to all!

cigarello

Feb-6

I thought Nicaloe ran a pretty decent race- I hoped he was going to win but he did get third.