MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 136193 views.
gerchgo

Feb-6

Not liking this as he just ran on the 1st and finished 5th

Kandy Charge is entered to run on February 10, 2021, at MAHONING VALLEY RACE COURSE.

Full Entries for Race Overnight 

Race: 1 - 12:45 PM        Exacta / 50 cent Trifecta / 10 cent Superfecta / Daily Double

ALLOWANCE 

Purse: $ 30,500. (Includes $8,700 - OTF - Ohio Thoroughbred Fund) . For Registered Ohio Bred Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races. Three Year Olds, 118 Lbs.; Older, 126 Lbs. Non-winners Of A Race Since January 10 Allowed 2 Lbs. (Races Where Entered For $15,000 Or Less Not Considered In Weight Allowances). One Mile.

PP Horse A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer
6 Kandy Charge 7/G Sonny Leon 124 Danny R. Bird
Flurry84

Feb-6

Hi,  Thanks for info.  Here is what I have for Nic and Lentenor coming up:

Today:

Laurel race 8:  Seany P  (Nic)

Turfway race 4:  Cacahuete  (Lent)

ChasTown race 9:  Nicaloe  (Nic)

Feb 8:

Mahoning race 5:  Chief Big Head  (Lent)

Feb 10:

Mahoning race 1:  Kandy Charge  (Nic)

Feb 12:

Oaklawn race 9:  Uphold  (Lent)

As far as I know no one has scratched, but some of these have been noted days ago.  Love that some tracks like Oaklawn and Fairgrounds announce their cards so far in advance.

Safe travels and victory to all!

cigarello

Feb-6

I thought Nicaloe ran a pretty decent race- I hoped he was going to win but he did get third.

gerchgo

Feb-6

I think he finished 4th?  He used up a lot of gas gunning for the rail, but thought he did good to finish where he did. I did notice his neck was lathered mid stretch, so he was a bit worked up.

Cacahuete finished 5th today, looked disinterested in running until top of stretch, and Seany P won his race after the actual winner was DQ’d to 4th.

cigarello

Feb-6

Thanks for the update---------

Flurry84

Feb-6

Have not received my results info yet, so this is good to learn.  Thank you!

Flurry84

Feb-27

The worst possible news. Nicaloe was injured during his race at Charlestown tonight and was put down on the track.  I am so sorry to report such a sad event to everyone, but his loss should be noted here of all places.  Equibase stated that he suffered a fatal injury mid-stretch.

Nicaloe was bred by Shamrock Farm in Maryland and was owned throughout his racing career by Chad Johnson  (as far as I can determine).  Born in 2016, he was by Nicanor x Bindloe  (Afternoon Deelites).

My sympathy to all those who loved him.  Rest in Peace, Nicaloe.

cigarello

Feb-28

Oh no-- so heartbreaking- --  Condolences to all who loved and cared for him- Rest In Peace

beautiful boy

gerchgo

Feb-28

RIP Nicaloe, my condolences to his connections.

So sad, we had 2 kids finish 3rd yesterday, but we ended the day with a loss. :(

Flurry84

Mar-10

Happy Birthday to Margano today!  Almost missed it.  Hope he is doing well in retirement.

There is a Lentenor gelding running in the Essex Stakes at Oaklawn on March 13.  Uphold, a six year old.

And in case I forget I should mention that Nicanor has a birthday on March 15!