MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horse Racing Issues WE MUST ACT NOW   Horse Racing

Started 11/14/19 by Amy (1pony); 9524 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/17/19

This is awesome 

https://twitter.com/craigb1818

How to fix racing:  

Breed for racing instead of sales.  Maintain safe racetracks and training centers.  Lower takeout for all.  Treat data as a marketing tool, not a profit center.  One set of rules.

Owners-pay your bills.  

Everybody-Take care of the horses when they retire

Derby132

11/17/19

That's it, that's it, that's it!!!

gerchgo

11/17/19

Keep It Simple, less is more.

Derby132

11/17/19

This was just posted.  Could not find the SA thread.  Also, Baffert just made a statement in a Bloodhorse article about track surfaces.  I have a power outage here so I have not read it yet.  This is a tweet from this morning from trainer Eric Guillame (spelling?):

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/17/19

Here is the Bloodhorse article by Baffert, he makes some great points.

Derby132

11/17/19

I’ve just been reading it.  He does and so does Mick Peterson.  I was surprised to read his concern on turf and how replacing divots is done.

gerchgo

11/17/19

My only question is why have they waited so long to say anything about the track???

Derby132

11/17/19

Good question.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/19/19

A step in the right direction.

https://thoroughbredsafetycoalition.com/

In reply toRe: msg 18
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/19/19

We are pleased to announce that Breeders’ Cup has partnered with our fellow leaders in Thoroughbred racing to form the industry-leading Thoroughbred Safety Coalition. Breeders’ Cup has always placed the safety of our athletes as priority No. 1, but we know more needs to be done. We owe it to our athletes – equine and human – and to all who have treasured our sport for decades.

So now, we are combining our resolve, expertise and resources to collectively implement enhanced safety measures within Thoroughbred racing. Together with Churchill Downs, Del Mar, Keeneland, NYRA and The Stronach Group, we represent more than 84% of the American Graded Stakes and are committed to bringing increased transparency and accountability to the sport. This begins with a comprehensive and centralized set of standards that include medical, operational and organizational reforms across our organizations.

Today’s announcement of the Thoroughbred Safety Coalition is just a start – but an important one. We are all committed to making our great sport safer – and we will.

If you’re interested in learning more about the Thoroughbred Safety Coalition or receiving updates, visit thoroughbredsafetycoalition.com.

Drew Fleming
President & CE