MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit Derby positive    Horse Racing

Started 5/10/21 by Amy (1pony); 19795 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-15

This was the correct court decision. Next I see him going after CDI for an injunction to allow him to enter horses at their tracks.

Baffert should be allowed to race at all racetracks until the positive drug test is done being heard and litigated.

In reply toRe: msg 146
gerchgo

Jul-22

This is so complicated, but NYRA is working on written wording to be able to suspend trainers they feel is detrimental to racing. They also state the judge says NYRA has the right to do so. 
I wish they would come out with an article that states CLEARLY what the judge says NYRA can, or cannot do! All these different article add something new…….

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/251753/nyra-establishing-due-process-criteria-for-suspensions

sandins

Aug-10

so sad as this has been 3 months past to decide a winner for the KD.........never before, I think

gerchgo

Aug-10

This time it’s the lab’s fault, but I don’t think Baffert placed/paid for expediting?

sandins

Aug-10

yes...........but, one would think him anxious to hold Medina Spirit winner. or he is just over it,as he is racing again

gerchgo

Aug-10

He’s not worried since judge says he can race in NY.

I'm wondering is this delay irritates the KHRC into banning him regardless of HOW the horse got it into his system? Wondering how influential Churchill is with the board, whom seems to not budge from their ban?  With their ban, he can’t run at Churchill for the Derby, any points he gets in Derby trial races will be nullified and he still won’t be able to run at zchurchill.

sandins

Aug-10

right. but as the trainer of the KD winner, unless DQ'd. one would think he cares , but guess this is the End of that horse's career, with questionable issues.......sad, and shows that Baffert cares little for the horse. Guess when you're talking millions, it doesn't matter to an owner, either..............these are money machines, no matter who you are.......racing fan, owner, trainer.

So, after his win in the KD, Medina Spirit had no chance to prove his value as a winner in the next races?

My mistake as he did lose in the Preakness.....

• Edited August 10, 2021 2:32 pm  by  sandins