MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit Derby positive    Horse Racing

Started 5/10/21 by Amy (1pony); 38004 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-3

I do not know how they can bring up issues that were over 3 years ago, that either he has paid the fines or no issues were found. 

gerchgo

Jan-3

I think due to his “integrity” issues, they’re using as evidence?

cigarello

Jan-4

I think the term "witch hunt" app!ies here

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-4

I agree, I blame the anti racing zealots that I am sure are pushing the issue on the other side.

gerchgo

Jan-5

I’m posting this here as no where else to post it, Why would they leave this vet still in position with these allegations??

The petition specifically cited the ongoing investigation into the sudden death of Medina Spirit as a reason for the veterinary medical board's concern for swift action. It also alleges that in a two-month span, Blea administered medications to 3,225 horses in 67 working days, for an average of 48 horses per day.

“The records show Respondent Blea administered the same drugs for multiple horses with the same trainer consecutively at approximately the same time,” read the petition. “Respondent Blea provided drugs to a large number of horses not based on a documented examination, diagnosis or medical necessity, but instead based on what the trainer requests.”

https://www.paulickreport.com/horse-care-category/public-trust-will-diminish-chrb-equine-medical-directors-license-temporarily-suspended-but-he-remains-in-post/

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-6

New vet overseeing the necropsy 

gerchgo

Jan-6

I don’t even know why they leave that vet in his position after allegations. I’m glad they’ve switched to another vet.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-6

Because he is considered innocent till proven otherwise. Also it’s basically lack of appropriate paperwork. From what I have read.

In reply toRe: msg 222
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-7

This explains the Blea issue, what a cluster F-! The VMB is on a Witch Hunt!

gerchgo

Jan-7

Odd for the VMB has 3 animal welfare members, including one who doesn’t want horse racing…….