MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit Derby positive    Horse Racing

Started 5/10/21 by Amy (1pony); 42562 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-3

In reply toRe: msg 353
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-3

Why did they record calls?  

gerchgo

Apr-3

I wonder if they’ll accept the assistants for those horses? CDI stated no one associated with Baffert can work with the horses?

gerchgo

Apr-3

I see another lawsuit coming…..

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-3

None of Bob’s assistants can take on the horses as the trainer. But they can stay on and help the new trainer. 
When they race they will race under Sean McCarthy not Jimmy Barnes, this is acceptable.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-4

Duh!! He can’t run horses anywhere in the US, and since he can’t get onto any track in CA to train, essentially he is done for the 90 days. 
Why NY decided to make this announcement is beyond me!

cigarello

Apr-4

I hope Baffert takes a nice vacation and relaxes to clear his mind and spend time with his family.  He should also consider making sure when he returns he has the right people working for him to make sure there are no issues when he returns. For me, the Derby will not be the same without him. I know trainers who run against him are silently thrilled he won't be running his horses.  I really think the punishment against him does not fit the crime.

gerchgo

Apr-4

Because that’s how they do things in New York.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-4

I am sure depending on what happens in July, or early next year this suit will be restarted.