Animaster's Hideaway

Hosted by Knotpicky (RUTA)

Computers and graphics and puns, oh my!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Christmas travel   PPR

Started Nov-19 by Knotpicky (RUTA); 77 views.
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-19

Last night at bridge, as we were setting up for the next rubber, the French couple and I were already sitting at one table. Claire asked when were Ferris and I leaving for London, and I said the 16th, on a one-stop flight through Dallas. Simon commented that they were leaving the next day for France. Then Claire corrected him, that no, they were leaving that same Saturday as we were.

She brought up their flights on her phone and asked what time were we leaving Austin. I ran upstairs and printed out our flights.

With at least 10 flights each day from Austin to DFW, and several from DFW to Heathrow, it turned out that we were on the exact same flights, the same planes from Austin to London.

What a coincidence! The rest of the bridge crowd laughed and laughed. So we'll see how it goes with them and their 5 and 3 year old kids, and us, all on the same planes. Might get to help carry their carry-on luggage going from one terminal to another in DFW, where we have a 1-hour layover.

Ruta

gorddrog

Nov-20

Wow!  What a coincidence.  Can you get "opposing facing seats so you can play bridge all the way over? wink

Hope you have a nice Christmas with the families all together. (If that is what is happening)

Since it is also close to the time, Happy Thanksgiving to all here in Animaster's.

Gord & Linda

• Edited November 20, 2017 12:50 pm  by  gorddrog
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-20

I wish! One of the bridge players suggested that, but it only works on trains. Maybe one of these years there'll be train travel over the Atlantic. ;-)

Yes, Christmas will be the families all together, including in-laws this year. Can't remember if I've mentioned it here, we'll have 10 adults and one toddler (Matiss, Bec, and Audra, two sets of grandparents, two sisters with husband/boyfriend) in the holiday cottage on the Devon coast. Then Bec's other sister and toddler daughter will come after Christmas from Australia or Papua New Guinea where they're moving to (minus husband who needs to be at work so not worth flying that far for a long weekend).

How's Linda, doing better?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, have a fun feast and safe travel.

Ruta

gorddrog

Nov-21

Oh, that sounds nice...if a little crowded.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Linda is doing better.  Her pain has been under control with Morphine (fairly low level of slow release drug) and she is able to get around with a walker.  She is scheduled for an Epidural Injection this coming Saturday.  Hopefully, we will then be able to back off on the Morphine if the injection takes over blocking the pain.  She will be happy if it does as she just hates taking drugs.

Enjoy your weekend and drive safe.j

Gord

gorddrog

Dec-14

Getting close!  Have a good flight, and a Very Merry Christmas.

Catch you "on the other side".

Gord

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Dec-14

Thanks, Gord. Yep, Saturday. We still need to check with the next door neighbors, review how various things work in our house, so their parents and whoever else will be staying here can find everything they need.

Merry Christmas to you and Linda, and family, and Matt and Beth and the girls.

I'll have my iPad in England, so depending on how busy we are, I might find time to drop by. Maybe. ;-)

Ruta