US Politics -  FB suspends Trump account for 2 years (275 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-4 1:28 PM 
To: All  (1 of 11) 

Facebook suspends former President Trump's accounts for 2 years (news12.com)

Facebook suspends former President Trump's accounts for 2 years

Facebook says it will suspend former President Donald Trump’s accounts for two years following its finding that he stoked violence ahead of the deadly Jan.6 insurrection.
“At the end of this period, we will look to experts to assess whether the risk to public safety has receded. We will evaluate external factors, including instances of violence, restrictions on peaceful assembly and other markers of civil unrest,” Nick Clegg, Facebook's vice president of global affairs, wrote in a blog post Friday.
Facebook also plans to end a contentious policy championed by CEO Mark Zuckerberg that automatically exempted politicians from certain moderation rules on its site.
The social media giant said on Friday that while it will still apply this “newsworthiness" exemption to certain posts it deems to be in the public interest even if they violate Facebook rules, it will no longer treat material posted by politicians any differently from what's posted by anyone else.
The move is in response to recommendations from the company's quasi-independent oversight board, which last month upheld a decision by Facebook to keep former President Donald Trump indefinitely suspended but said the company must decide what to do with his accounts within 6 months.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 7092.2 in reply to 7092.1 

“At the end of this period, we will look to experts to assess whether the risk to public safety has receded. ” Nick Clegg, Facebook's vice president of global affairs, wrote in a blog post Friday.

Nick Clegg, once our Deputy Prime Minister, is being corrupted by your methods of privatised crime control.

This is why I follow US news. What goes bad for you will presently go bad for us.

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 11) 
 7092.3 in reply to 7092.1 

I say we need to banish him from breathing our oxygen.. 

To: scoobydoo19  (4 of 11) 
 7092.4 in reply to 7092.3 

I say we need to banish him from breathing our oxygen..

Isn't that what Putin says about Navalny?

Message 5 of 11 was Deleted  

To: BerrySteph  (6 of 11) 
 7092.6 in reply to 7092.4 

I don't know but I do know IMO it applies to he who is a moron and must not be named 

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 11) 
 7092.7 in reply to 7092.1 

laughing I have never understood why anyone would want to be on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snap Chat?  I am not that interesting and neither are 99% of the people on those sites.   Who cares if Trump isn't on Facebook?   I have better things to do than be consumed by social media.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-23 1:38 PM 
To: LUCKENBILL56  (8 of 11) 
 7092.8 in reply to 7092.7 

I care becaue that is one of his primary methods of distributing his propaganda.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 7092.9 in reply to 7092.8 

Something I have learned.  If you realize it is propaganda others do also.  By giving the man attention it means he is still relevant.  He isn't.  We do the same with the Obama's, Clinton's and yes the Bush clan.  When these people who love to espouse their self importance are ignored they go away.

They all need to go away and enjoy life.  They have had their time on the soap box.  Time to move elsewhere.  They get eight years to show off.  Hillary Clinton and Obama just cannot let it go.  In the super market the other day I read a head line from one of the printed rags at the counter.  Hillary Clinton divorcing Bill tired of his behavior settlement 250 million dollars.  Or something like that?  Who cares?  If Hillary was going to divorce Bill she would have done it long ago.  One of the reasons she will never divorce her hubby is she would lose her meal ticket.  President Clinton had some common sense and applied intelligence.  Hillary lacks both.  Just because you are married to someone does not mean you inherit their DNA.  Why do you think she lost the Presidential race?  For Go** sake to Trump of all people.  Answer, because she lacked Bill's common sense.  She would not even listen to him during her campaign run.  I tell you what.  If I had a spouse and he or she had been President of the United States I might listen to his suggestions.  Again lack of common sense.  She needs to go away.   She and Trump need to be put on ignore.  The Obama's are starting to get tiring.  Enough.  Out of sight out of mind.  I feel the same about our Congress and Senators.  Please, enough go away.  Some of those folks sound like doddering fools when they speak.  They are older than me.  Move on let it go.  Two things on my wish list that will never happen.  Term limits and mandatory retirement age for political figures.  Obama was not a particularly good President in my opinion, but one thing I liked about the guy?  He was young.  In comparison to others.  I never felt he would do anything stupid.  Biden needs help to get upright.  In Australia they suggested he is mentally ill and dangerous to Western Civilization.  How many of our allies and enemies abroad feel the same? 

To: LUCKENBILL56 unread  (10 of 11) 
 7092.10 in reply to 7092.9 

LUCKENBILL56 said...

In Australia they suggested he is mentally ill and dangerous to Western Civilization.  How many of our allies and enemies abroad feel the same? 

Is this another opinion you read while standing in line at the grocery store checkout line? May I suggest that reading headlines in checkout lines is not a very good way to form opinions?

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.