All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why don't cats come when called?   Cats

Started Nov-1 by PennyCC; 411 views.
PennyCC

Nov-1

Sure, our cats recognize our voices and may sometimes come to us when we come home, but would your cat come to you if you called it?

Maybe, but maybe not.  Why is that?

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Nov-1

How to Train a Cat to Come When Called | Cat Care

Great Amazon Must Haves for any Cat Owner: Feline GREENIES Dental Treats for Cats: http://amzn.to/1UrL9rm Four Paws Magic Coat Love Glove Cat Grooming Mitt: ...

Gaelspirit

Nov-2

My cats have always come when called...never had a problem with that. 

Greg_LC

Nov-2

Some of mine do, some do but have to wait to make it their idea and some will just ignore........

PennyCC said:

but would your cat come to you if you called it?

I trained mine to come when I whistle by always whistling when I fed her. If she hiding and I want to find her I will whistle and SOMETIMES she'll come. However the other two cats do as well now. lol

Greg_LC

Nov-3

LOL _ Yeah - Open a can of cat food and they all come running !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do your cats all meow at once when you are preparing their food? I mean dishing it up lol I only have three and it's deafening. lol

Greg_LC

Nov-6

Suprisingly, for the most part, they are quiet......

We have a few that get pissy with each other when they don't get fed as soon as they would like......... 

They all have their feeding "spot" and sit there when the canned food comes out......

Kirby gives "Kitty Hugs" prior to getting fed...........

PennyCC

Nov-6

Thank picture is SO cute! I would probably give Kirby anything he wanted to eat.  

I think your cats are better trained than my dogs. 

Greg_LC

Nov-6

The wife has worked at a vet clinic for 35 years, a cat rescue shelter for 10 and has been a cat staffer for over 30 years........  Been a Groomer for 25+ years specializing in Cats.  Rarely has to have them knocked out to groom them which is better on the cat......  Funny thing is.....  I have been allergic to cats all my life,,,,,,  LOL