All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why do we love pets?   Pet Talk

Started Nov-5 by PennyCC; 313 views.
ClickNTreat

Nov-9

I love animals because the relationship I have with them is uncomplicated. They have needs, I can meet their needs. They have wants, and I can meet their wants. Dogs and cats never get drunk and start an argument for no reason. Dogs don't lie to us. Cats don't make promises that they don't intend to keep. Your dog will never betray you. The relationship with animals is simplified and far easier than sustaining a relationship with people. People are complicated and many are untrustworthy.

A dog may eat your wallet, but it won't clear out your bank account. A cat may knock your belongings of a shelf, but they won't steal them and sell them for drug money. Pets are happy to see you after your boss yelled at you. They don't care if you have scars crossing your face that make people stare at you from across the room. They don't care if you have PTSD and jump at shadows. Pets are for loving and give love in return. There's a reason we call dogs, "Man's best friend." or as Lord Byron put it, "All the virtues of man without his vices."

PennyCC

Nov-11

It is true. Life and people may disappoint you, but you know you still have the love of your dog or cat. I found a short poem about that:

Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog.

Douglas Mallock

even when they are "naughty" they are wholesome, sweet and caring. They usually do not even remember they have been naughty very long.

My cat  is my best friend. He is a squeaking ball of fluff. His big green eyes are always telling me something.

as someone earlier said, he does not get drunk, he does not set out to betray me, he is always innocent. 
He has some talents: he can open doors that do not have locks, and he will go to the door when someone is at it.

He squeaks for his supper. He squeaks after using the litter-box.  

He keeps me company everywhere i go. He sleeps on the otherside of my bed.

He plays with feathers and sometimes he makes his own toys--he chases little balls and sometimes retrieves them.

Often makes his own toys and becomes "naughty" --oh we came full circle

PennyCC

Dec-3

He sounds like a wonderful fellow who provides you with a lot of laughs.

yes he does that,,, he will get me to laugh even when i am down