All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Does your dog want to stay on your lap?   Dogs

Started Nov-6 by PennyCC; 174 views.
PennyCC

Nov-6

I have two dogs, a minipoodle (16 lbs) and a Portuguese Water Dog (40 lbs). They take turns laying on my lap when I am watching TV.  Sometimes when I want to get up, they are not ready to get off my lap. Perhaps they are having a nice dream and do not want to be disturbed. Perhaps they are just too comfortable and do not want to move (lazy owner, lazy dog).

With Dakota, the poodle, I look for a toy on the couch and throw it. He is off like a shot to hunt down that moving critter.

But this morning Neeka, my PWD, was comfortable and she is not the mighty hunter that Dakota is. So a toy would not have done the trick. I did not want to demand she get down because she gets her feelings hurt sometimes when I use a stern voice. So I reached over and knocked on the table next to me. KN0CK-KNOCK-KNOCK!

Down jumped a barking Neeka who looked around madly for the intruder at the door. Up went I to go into the kitchen.

Do you all have well trained dogs that get off your lap when you want them to? Or am I the only one that has to deal with stubborn doggies?

Famous Dog Saying:

No Dog is Ever Too Big to be a Lap Dog.

• Edited November 6, 2017 10:38 am  by  PennyCC
In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Nov-6

Dog Won't Leave Dad's Lap | The Dodo

Dog Won't Leave Dad's Lap | This dog refuses to be anywhere but his dad's lap! Love Animals? Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCINb0wqPz-A0dV9nARjJ...

Greg_LC

Nov-6

Do you all have well trained dogs that get off your lap when you want them to?

Yup.....  Black Lab.  He knows I am the Boss....... Off - and he will get off my lap.........

The funny thing, if he sees a cat that wants on my lap, he will surrender the spot to the cat.......  I didn't train him for that - he just does it.......

ClickNTreat

Nov-8

Noelle loves my lap, but sometimes Francis is on my lap, too. It can get complicated having two dogs on my lap. I don't have to knock on the table. I think they would launch off of me at full rocket speed and hurt me. They get off when I say, off. And of course my dogs are small enough for me to pick up, which is a plus.

Greg_LC

Nov-8

ClickNTreat said...

And of course my dogs are small enough for me to pick up, which is a plus

So can I with mine.........  He's only 75 lbs..........  LOL

ClickNTreat

Nov-8

Noelle is 22 pounds and Francis is 17. Combined they weigh less than your dog. Too funny.