All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

National Dog Show on Thanksgiving   Dogs

Started Nov-22 by PennyCC; 102 views.
PennyCC

Nov-22

After you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, stay tuned on NBC at Noon to watch the National Dog Show.

ClickNTreat

Nov-22

Oooh1 About once a year or so, I wish I had a TV. We haven't had a TV since 2008. But, I wish I could watch the dog show just to see all the amazing breeds groomed to perfection. Those long coated breeds that are always shaved into pet trims look so amazing in show coats.

PennyCC

Nov-23

I cannot imagine being without a TV.  We almost have one in each room.  Still, you probably get more done than I do. I have to turn off the TV sometimes to get any work done around the house.

You will be able to view some of the dog shows by watching videos on Youtube.

PennyCC

Nov-23

The Brussels Griffon won the Best in Show this year. I have to say that I was hoping the Springer Spaniel or Portuguese Water Dog would win.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PennyCC

Nov-24

For those of you who might be interested, here is a list of the breeds of dog who won the National Dog Show since 2001.  I thought it was interesting that the winners were frequently from the Terrier and Hound groups.

• 2017    Brussels Griffon
  • 2016    Greyhound
  • 2015    Skye Terrier
  • 2014    Bloodhound
  • 2013    American Foxhound
  • 2012    Wire Fox Terrier
  • 2011    Wire Fox Terrier
  • 2010    Irish Setter
  • 2009    Scottish Terrier
  • 2008    Pointer
  • 2007    Australian Shepherd
  • 2006    Toy Poodle