APH0rism

Don Quixote's Village

Hosted by APH0rism

Don Quixote

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

U.S. Capitol riot videos swamp prosecutors   'Meurica kickin' views

Started 26-Oct by Sand_Grain; 172 views.
Sand_Grain

26-Oct

Defense lawyers and at least one federal judge have warned the delays may be infringing on defendants' rights to speedy trials.

Thousands of hours of U.S. Capitol riot videos swamp prosecutors, defense attorneys

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The thousands of hours of video of the deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump supporters have overwhelmed the prosecutors and defense lawyers handling the hundreds of criminal cases and are delaying trials for some defendants.

The Jan. 6 attack, an attempt to reverse President Joe Biden's November 2020 election win, produced an enormous volume of video - from security cameras around the Capitol, worn by police officers under assault and filmed by the rioters themselves, many of whom then posted their exploits to social media for the world to see.

Sarah N. Lynch
Tue, October 26, 2021, 6:02 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/thousands-hours-u-capitol-riot-100230144.html

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sand_Grain

26-Oct

DAUNTING NUMBER OF CASES  boom

The Justice Department has amassed so much video evidence that it would take almost nine months, running 24 hours a day, to screen it all: 16,925 individual closed-circuit videos running a combined 4,800 hours, and 1,600 more hours of video taken by police officers' body-worn cameras, according to an Oct. 22 court filing. Defense lawyers were given instructions for accessing that video database on Oct. 18.

A second database containing more than 100,000 records from the FBI and other agencies is not yet accessible, the Justice Department said.

https://www.reuters.com/journalists/sarah-n-lynch

BarthaS

26-Oct

Most probably the Biden administration will check out what no one is supposed to see!

Sand_Grain

20-Nov

I bet my winter heavy boost on this! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Everytime I turn around there's some riot going on, like in a warzone!

In reply toRe: msg 6
Sand_Grain

3-Dec

Miserably it might be oddly miserable! 

Sand_Grain

3-Dec

Miserably this happens all the time!