APH0rism

Don Quixote's Village

Hosted by APH0rism

Don Quixote

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roger Scruton: The People by the People   Our Bookshelf

Started 29/3/16 by Dragoku (Drac00la); 709 views.
Dragoku (Drac00la)

8/4/16

ahe489q said...

That's an old Twilight Zone movie.  Books are now obsolete.

Back to Roger Scruton's book and issue about human behaviour, the self-righteous 'free for all' as leftwing's mental militia likes it, his book was almost given away for free on soundcloud and youtube after a couple of months it was launched, but I wanted to be among the first ones to read it... therefore I see what you mean...

ahe489q

8/4/16

ahe489q said...

That's an old Twilight Zone movie.  Books are now obsolete.

Back to Roger Scruton's book and issue about human behaviour, the self-righteous 'free for all' as leftwing's mental militia likes it, his book was almost given away for free on soundcloud and youtube after a couple of months it was launched, but I wanted to be among the first ones to read it... therefore I see what you mean...

...   What did you find out with that book?  A leftwing person will sit there lying all day and

he doesn't even know he's lying. 

Dragoku (Drac00la)

8/4/16

ahe489q said...

...   What did you find out with that book?  A leftwing person will sit there lying all day and

That is part of human behaviour a well - Roger Scruton is pointing out how much Stockholm syndrome plays into unlawful behaviour, it creeps into some people's daily lives almost siding with the enemy and justifying criminal action, very often not realizing that they have become helpers to extent more what the enemies need and want in the first place!

ahe489q

8/4/16

ahe489q said...

You find yourself on the other side?  That happened in WW2.  You find youself fighting on

the other side half the time. 

That is part of human behaviour a well - Roger Scruton is pointing out how much Stockholm syndrome plays into unlawful behaviour, it creeps into some people's daily lives almost siding with the enemy and justifying criminal action, very often not realizing that they have become helpers to extent more what the enemies need and want in the first place!

In reply toRe: msg 1
ChapCavi

18/4/16

Great comments and thoughts, we ought to do this more often!

triumph
Sybyl (flybyss)

20/4/16

Exactly and the most recent updates are horrendously sad these days... as previously said:

1348.17 in reply to 1348.12 

The discrimination on citizens in their own country is so apparently seen!! 

Dragoku (Drac00la)

7/6/16

Just randomly everyone's comment count, and it's wonderful to read you and everyone else above!

ahe489q

13/6/16

I like to hear everybody's radical points of view. 

Haikon

24/6/16

Now that I've heard Roger Scruton and his lecture on the specific historical facts about religion in the Middle East within the clash between them without democracy - I certainly need to read his book too... thank you for sharing this particular precious session !

BTW 

This link to the same lecture is more accurately posted

Roger Scruton -- Of the People, By the People

Conservatism Archive 
Published on May 2, 2016
https://youtu.be/9isPJTLc83U
A Point of View 2013

Dragoku (Drac00la)

10/7/16

Thank you, I've updated the link!