Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Islamophobia   Religion

Started Nov-6 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 15087 views.
BerrySteph

Jan-30

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Thank you for reading the article! Yep, I needed proof. It was not in Australia.

This story concerned what I felt was the Western media being nastily Islamophobic.

But it left hanging another question - how do you feel about Australia's anti-sinicism?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-31

I had to Google that.

Anti-Asian sentiment has always been here.

The bombing of Darwin did not give us good feelings about the Japanese, but that is past.

China is our biggest trading parter and owns a lot of Australia.

I am waiting to see how our government handles what was found in that market in Wuhan.

However, they are notorious cowards, so likely nothing.

BerrySteph

Jan-31

I had to Google that.

You had to google anti-sinicism?

I've lifted this from an unimpeachable essay and book:

... In 1959-60, President Sukarno's ban on alien retail trade in Indonesia's rural areas resulted in the hasty departure of about 130,000 Chinese, and in 1965-67, General Suharto's campaign against the Communists was accompanied by massive anti-Chinese violence including large-scale massacres, expulsions, extortion, and legal discrimination. [half a million murdered on the beaches?]

In 1969, anti-Chinese riots in Kuala Lumpur left nearly a thousand people dead; in 1975, Pol Pot's entry into Phnom Penh led to the death of an estimated two hundred thousand Chinese (half the ethnic Chinese population, or about twice as high a death toll as among urban Khmers); and in 1978-79, hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese Chinese fled Vietnam for China as "boat people." 

And yet, despite the Chinese being "the Jews of Asia", nobody speaks of "anti-Sinicism" in the English language. 

Instead, we fret about antisemitism, as has killed almost nobody for 70 years? 

"The Jewish Century" by Yuri Slezkine (Princeton University Press, Princeton, 2004) Slezkine, whose Jewish relatives helped build the Soviet Union, but then left it for Israel and America.

He calls the Twentieth Century "the Jewish Century" and also says:

In post-Communist Burma and almost post-Communist Vietnam, the ethnic Chinese were quickly returning to economic prominence; in Rangoon and Mandalay, they owned most shops, hotels, and real estate, and in Ho Chi Minh City, they controlled roughly 50 percent of the city's market activity and dominated light industry, import-export, shopping malls, and private banking.

Perhaps as a result, ethnic Chinese throughout Asia have been repeatedly targeted for discrimination. ... In the Philippines, relentless anti-"alien" legislation has badly affected the Chinese ability to own or inherit certain assets and pursue most professions while making their "alien" status much harder to escape.

bml00

Jan-31

Apparently you also to discuss the Jewish Century as well - numbnuts cannot help himself with us Jews he is smitten

BM

BerrySteph

Jan-31

bml00 said:

Apparently you also to discuss the Jewish Century as well - numbnuts cannot help himself with us Jews he is smitten

Unimpeachable reference, BM.

You angrily accuse me of hating Jews - and yet, almost everything I post you is stuff you cannot deny.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

What does that have to do with Australia?

BerrySteph

Feb-1

What does that have to do with Australia?

Because anti-sinicism is rife in Australia.

Not murderously ... but 100,000s (possibly millions?) have been murdered in the area in the last 70 years.

Of course, Chinese in Australia lie and deny and aggressively cover up over the gross human rights abuses and ethnic cleansing of the native people's whose land they covet.

It can only be that they want to be seen as having dual loyalty to a brutal home nation and want Chinese people to be feared and hated everywhere.

What do you think - is that fair, many Chinese in Australia want Chinese people to be feared and hated?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
BerrySteph said:

Because anti-sinicism is rife in Australia.

Then talk about it in an Australian context.

BerrySteph

Feb-2

Then talk about it in an Australian context.

Why? Anti-sinicism is a world wide problem.

100s of thousands - maybe a million - Chinese have been murdered as "the Jews of Asia" in the last 70 years.

You seem to be in denial of this genocide.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

But you brought it up in a specifically Australian context.