Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anti-Semitism   Religion

Started 11/8/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 9964 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

2/8/20

First of all, thank you.

You disagreed, put forward your case, and all without one macro.

I really appreciate that.

That post was me just doing my stack.

I actually meant it to be deliberately unanswerable.  It appears I succeeded, thanks!

Being in the middle of a tug of war between Berry and BM can really be exhausting.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

2/8/20

RGoss99 said:

I believe that the British, and all of cultural Christianity shares some responsibility for the holocaust.

They certainly didn't want to acknowledge it.

RGoss99

2/8/20

True, all that is concentrated are the potential and actual victims. I seem to remember somewhere that the euphenism was invented by the British during the Boer war at the turn of the 20c in South Africa. Those of Dutch ancestry were removed from their homes and "concentrated" in camps. As this was already a bad Word, when the American Japanese had the same thing done to them, the new euphenism was "relocation centers", e.g. concentraton camps the worst of which were in the very cold inhospitable Owens Valley in California.

RGoss99

2/8/20

You still don´t get it. My disagreement was based on facts given in an ontopic post, which did not trigger the protocol my secretary has when she assigns macros. I have always responded without a "G" to polite on topic posts. Where you think this is not the case, it is your responsibility to object with reasons, logic, or facts. Why not try it instead of pointless objections to the macros?

RGoss99

2/8/20

Of course not because Christianity like Islam is the religión of "love" and "peace" whatever the results.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

2/8/20

Do you mean "euphemism"?

euphemism

/'ju?f?m?z(?)m/

noun
noun: euphemism; plural noun: euphemisms

a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing. 

a

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

2/8/20

I have given you logic.

You don't want to hear it.

RGoss99

2/8/20

Thankyou for making my point that the standard use of euphenism is to up grade a word that is "harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing. " e.g. negative to less negative or positive. Your use was the opposite moving from negative to more negative.

RGoss99

2/8/20

If you think that is logic (e.g. the definition you gave) they you had better read it again, yes it is logic, but your definition makes it false.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

2/8/20

RGoss99 said:

Thankyou for making my point that the standard use of euphenism is to up grade a word that is "harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing. " e.g. negative to less negative or positive. Your use was the opposite moving from negative to more negative.

Yes.

Except the word is Euphemism, not "euphenism"