Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blackmail of the good people.   Africa and the Middle East

Started Nov-10 by BerrySteph; 500 views.
BerrySteph

Nov-10

23 September 2019 ... I was set to take part in a Labour Party conference fringe event this weekend talking about my work advocating for Palestinian rights – but was unable to travel to Brighton because of a peculiar delay in the processing of my UK visa application. I suspect that Israel’s far-right government has once again outsourced its desperate war of repression against those supporting Palestinian rights to another western government.

... I was planning to expose the deepening complicity of the British government, corporations and institutions, in enabling Israel’s brutal system of oppression, while highlighting how Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions – a non-violent tactic against the occupation – has become a significant partner in a growing international progressive wave fighting the global far-right led by Trump.

... The clearest case of this rising suppression of freedom of expression is the collusion of western establishments in Israel’s desperate war to delegitimise the BDS movement for Palestinian rights.

In May, the German Bundestag passed a resolution smearing BDS as “antisemitic”. More than 240 Jewish and Israeli scholars, including authorities on antisemitism and history of the Holocaust, condemned the “deceitful” resolution, saying it did nothing to “advance the urgent fight against antisemitism” and ignored the BDS movement’s explicit condemnation of “all forms of racism, including antisemitism”.

Daniel Blatman, a prominent Israeli Holocaust era historian and chief historian of the Warsaw Ghetto Museum, was even more blunt. He wrote, "That is how a country where antisemitism was a political tool that contributed to the rise of the Nazis' murderous enterprise became a country that promotes distortion of anti-Semitism as a tool to facilitate the political persecution of a nonviolent [BDS] movement that fights the occupation, the oppression of the Palestinians and the war crimes Israel perpetrates in the territories".

... At the root of these and similarly weaponised claims of antisemitism is a desperate attempt to promote a new, anti-Palestinian definition of antisemitism that “serves to shield Israel from being held accountable to universal standards of human rights and international law”, as stated last year by more than 40 international Jewish groups.  https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/israel-palestine-bds-omar-barghouti-labour-party-the-world-transformed-a9116481.html

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-11

I thought you lived in London.  Why on Earth would you need a visa to get to Brighton?

Di (amina046)

Nov-11

you beat me to the same question, it makes it sound like the Interior Passport of the long gone USSR.

BerrySteph

Nov-11

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I thought you lived in London.  Why on Earth would you need a visa to get to Brighton?

Because my homeland is under occupation.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-12

BerrySteph said:

Because my homeland is under occupation.

Is it idiots?  They're everywhere, I'm afraid.

BerrySteph

Nov-12

I'm not joking - recall that when Israel was destroying Lebanon in 2006, the Israeli Ambassador to the UN, Dan Gillerman, declared:

To those countries who claim that we are using disproportionate force, I have only this to say: "You're damn right we are. Because if your cities were shelled the way ours were, if your citizens were terrorized the way ours are, you would use much more force than we are using." https://www.jewishpress.com/printArticle.cfm?contentid=18897

Yet when William Hague, then the British Shadow Foreign Secretary had the temerity to use the same word "disproportionate" for the same action in the same place, Lebanon:

... A leading #### [Lord Kalms, a major Tory donor] hit out at Hague and told The Spectator that his comments were "not merely unhelpful" but "downright dangerous."

This was enough to secure a solemn undertaking from Hague’s boss Cameron that the ‘d’ word would not be used again. Suspicions regarding Hague still lingered, however, and in 2008 he was grilled by arch-#### journalist Danny Finkelstein at the Conservative Friends of Israel annual bash. "Are you a ####?" he was asked.

A discomfited and apologetic Hague had to agree. Later that year when Israel launched Operation Cast Lead against Gaza, the ‘d’ word did not pass his lips. http://www.palestinechronicle.com/uk-turns-on-israel-government-and-media-to-blame/

Why does that matter? Well, recall that "Disproportionate force" is the legal term for war-crimes.

Israelis can admit to such crimes - then blackmail even our top politicans into silence over them.

Many other British politicians been sacked by this foreign funded lobby, which rules all three of our political parties. William Hague has abandoned politics, Ken Livingstone (Labour) and Jenny Tonge (Lib Dem) have been forced out of their parties.

BerrySteph

Nov-12

I notice that this Forum is controlled by occupation forces as well, the word "####" (the word that they use for themselves) is now forbidden.

While the #### publication that was the best source for the blatant war-crime boasting quote from the Israeli Ambassador has been censored and taken down.

However, reference to this outrageous flaunting of genocide remains here for a little while longer:

On 19 July, during a speech at a pro-Israel rally in New York, Israel's ambassador to the UN, Dan Gillerman, said: "To those countries who claim that we are using disproportionate force, I have only this to say: You're damn right we are. Because if your cities were shelled the way ours were, if your citizens were terrorized the way ours are, you would use much more force than we are using."[98. "New Yorkers Rally For Israel". The Jewish Press. 19 July 2006.[permanent dead link]]

He has also said, “One who goes to sleep with rockets shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't wake up in the morning."[99. "Tel Aviv to halt air offensive for 48 hours". The Washington Times. 31 July 2006. Archived from the original on 9 February 2013.]

How soon before all these proud claims of being war-criminals are simply flushed down a memory-hole in the #### occupied web?

bml00

Nov-12

BerrySteph said:

I notice that this Forum is controlled by occupation forces as well, the word "####" (the word that they use for themselves) is now forbidden.

ding dong the plonkers gone mad and has definite proof he is being occupied

In reply toRe: msg 8
BerrySteph

Nov-12

bml00 said:

ding dong the plonkers gone mad and has definite proof he is being occupied

You or your kiddy-torturing buddies have clearly blackmailed our Wizop into censorship of the postings.

bml00

Nov-12

The BELLS the BELLS ………………………….