Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

News from Central Africa   Africa and the Middle East

Started Nov-25 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 904 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-25

Harold27Z

Nov-27

The report said the plane crashed in a "densely populated" area.  Yes, Dense.  Very dense as clarified by Nobel prize winner Albert Schweitzer who wrote:

“I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is something that all white men who have lived here
like I must learn and know: that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual, mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men in any function of our civilization.
I have given my life to try to bring them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become well aware that we must retain this status: the superior and they the inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa, remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never fraternize with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or they will devour you. They will destroy you.”
Albert Schweizer (Nobel Peace Prize in winner 1952)

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-28

No wonder they wanted to kill him.

What a douchebag!

Harold27Z

Nov-28

At Lambarene, he built schools and hospitals and clinics etc.  In effect he wasted 40 years helping ungrateful life-forms.

Kindly explain how his observations might somehow be incorrect.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
Harold27Z said:

In effect he wasted 40 years helping ungrateful life-forms.

Maybe they didn't like what he said about them.  You know, because they weren't savages and could understand what he was saying.

Harold27Z said:

Kindly explain how his observations might somehow be incorrect.

The first homo sapiens came out of Africa.  You owe them fire, the wheel, beer... everything the "more enlightened" race invented came off the backs of the inventions that came before.

It is when the "more civilised" try to remove the culture of the "savage" and replace it with their own that things go wrong.

Harold27Z

Dec-2

Do yourself a favour: download and watch "Africa Addio"  which covers the 1960's savagery in the Congo until handled by super-hero Mike Hoare's mercenaries.

It also mentions Kenyan born Obummer's Kikuyu barbaric Mau Mau ceremonies.

It also shows Arabs genocided on Zanzibar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V355OG77SQM

Thereafter, you will better appreciate the extent to which Albert Schweitzer's mild conclusion was correct.   Trust me, I have even more convincing footage.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

No, I don't think that would be a favour to anyone.

BerrySteph

Dec-3

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

No, I don't think that would be a favour to anyone.

I find it disturbing to recognise any true and useful things in what Harold posts. 

The sad part is that they're defiled by the rest of what he says.

Di (amina046)

Dec-23

It is hard to read the garbage you produce. 

This is what Jacopetti himself said about his film:

"The Africa of the great explorers, the huge land of hunting and adventure adored by entire generations of children, has disappeared forever. To that age-old Africa, swept away and destroyed by the tremendous speed of progress, we have said farewell. The devastation, the slaughter, the massacres which we assisted belong to a new Africa– one which if it emerges from its ruins to be more modern, more rational, more functional, more conscious- will be unrecognizable.
"On the other hand, the world is racing toward better times. The new America rose from the ashes of a few white man, all the redskins, and the bones of millions of buffalo. The new, carved up Africa will rise again upon the tombs of a few white men, millions of black men, and upon the immense graveyards that were once its game reserves. The endeavor is so modern and recent that there is no room to discuss it at the moral level. The purpose of this film is only to bid farewell to the old Africa that is dying and entrust to history the documentation of its agony".

As far as the MauMau are concerned, they are not  tribe with ceremoonies as you suggest.

They were a liberation movement fighting for their country's independance, fight for which Jomo Kenyatta, who in 1963 became Kenya's 1st Prime Minister, spent 7 years in a British jail.

Harold27Z

Dec-23

Pity you did not watch much beyond the introduction to the documentary.

Once again you misunderstood. I did not suggest Mau Mau was a tribe.  It was a terrorist organization using witchcraft for initiation ceremonies and intimidation.

It was largely based within the Kikuyu trouble maker tribe. 

• Edited December 23, 2019 9:12 pm  by  Harold27Z