Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

  • 865
    MEMBERS
  • 51143
    MESSAGES
  • 1
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Royal Navy legacy   The U.K and Europe

Started 11/30/19 by Harold27Z; 1141 views.
BerrySteph

From: BerrySteph

12/3/19

Harold27Z said:

Whatever you say.

I'm serious - even BM's anti-British reference makes it clear that conscription was simply regular recruitment of people:

People liable to impressment were "eligible men of seafaring habits between the ages of 18 and 55 years". Non-seamen were impressed as well, though rarely. 

Essentially, people who'd left their farms and become fishermen. Or been drawn to Portsmouth by the loose women and free beer.

The rest of the relevant sections are just anti-British arm-waving.

Impressment was strongly criticized by those who believed it to be contrary to the British constitution

Some wealthy kids were surely kidnapped into the Navy too and their parents protested.

... unlike many of its continental rivals at the time, British subjects were not subject to conscription for military service, with the exception of a brief experiment with army impressment from 1778 to 1780. ... The U.S. Continental Navy also applied a form of impressment during the American War of Independence.

More anti-British nonsense:

The impressment of seamen from American ships caused serious tensions between Britain and the Thirteen Colonies in the years leading up to the Revolutionary War. One of the 27 colonial grievances directly highlights the practice.[1] It was again a cause of tension leading up to the War of 1812. After the defeat of Napoleon in 1814, Britain ended the practice; later conscription was not limited to the Royal Navy but covered all armed forces.

Notice the deliberate concealment in this propaganda tirade - there was 102 years of non-conscription, including the entire 99 years of Pax Britannica!

Harold27Z

From: Harold27Z

12/3/19

Well, I was not around back in those days.

In reply toRe: msg 10
BerrySteph

From: BerrySteph

12/3/19

bml00 said:

the British Navy press ganged their crews they were neither conscripts nor farm labourers out for a days scrumping , they were historically jumped bundled onto to boats regardless of their opinions on whether they wanted to go or not

That's not what your own reference says.

Meanwhile, you're defending your own national forces who systematically kidnap and torture the children of the untermensch, solely for the crime of being Christian or Muslim:

In 2018, Addameer monitored the details and conditions of the detention of children by the IDF. Addameer visited prisoners and gathered testimonies of children which indicated that the occupation did not hesitate to use excessive force when arresting and abducting children without revealing the place of detention to their families, but went beyond. The occupation forces raided children’s houses at night to scare the children and their relatives without possession of arrest warrants.

Children were insulted, cursed, humiliated, and sexually harassed and threatened in military jeeps. They were kept in the open air for long hours regardless of their health or harsh weather conditions.

Most children were beaten, which resulted in causing serious physical and psychological harm. 49 H. R., a 16-year-old in the 11th grade from Silwan, Jerusalem, was arrested in December.30 He was assaulted inside the interrogation room of al-Mascobiyya Interrogation Center. Three interrogators interrogated him and threatened him that he should confess within two minutes. When he denied the charges, one of the interrogators hit the chair on which he was sitting, with his hands tied to iron handcuffs to the back, so he fell to the ground. He was threatened that they will rape his mother if he did not confess. Another interrogator severely beat him on his left thigh, which caused his foot to twitch. The interrogator also punched the child repeatedly on his left shoulder and beat him with his foot on his head and body.

In addition to psychological and physical torture, children are subjected to deliberate medical negligence. The health of sick children is aggravated by the conditions of their detention, interrogation or prisons in general.

Yassin Shbeita, a 16 years old child from the village of Azzun, was arrested on 31 October 2018 at 2:30 am. He suffers from shortness of breath and chronic asthma. He told the soldiers about his health conditions when he was arrested, but they did not take this into account. On the contrary, they transferred him in the military jeep to Tzufim settlement, where they cuffed his hands and feet with plastic restraints and forced him to walk. It was cold and he fell to the ground whenever he tried to walk. After that, they took him to Kdumim settlement where they interrogated him at a police station there. The Israeli soldiers did not allow him to eat or drink, and he did not go to the bathroom for 15 hours. As a result, his health deteriorated and he fainted. http://www.addameer.org/ sites/default/files/publications /for_webtqryr_lnthkt_lnhyy_lnjlyzy.pdf

adwil

From: adwil

12/3/19

Harold27Z said:

Are you proud of the Royal Navy heritage ?

You're just jealous of your own lack of real heritage.

bml00

From: bml00

12/3/19

Another topic fucked up

From: BerrySteph

5:11 AM

bml00 said:

the British Navy press ganged their crews they were neither conscripts nor farm labourers out for a days scrumping , they were historically jumped bundled onto to boats regardless of their opinions on whether they wanted to go or not

That's not what your own reference says.

Meanwhile, you're defending your own national forces who systematically kidnap and torture the children of the untermensch, solely for the crime of being Christian or Muslim:

In 2018, Addameer monitored the details and conditions of the detention of children by the IDF. Addameer visited prisoners and gathered testimonies of children which indicated that the occupation did not hesitate to use excessive force when arresting and abducting children without revealing the place of detention to their families, but went beyond. The occupation forces raided children’s houses at night to scare the children and their relatives without possession of arrest warrants.

Children were insulted, cursed, humiliated, and sexually harassed and threatened in military jeeps. They were kept in the open air for long hours regardless of their health or harsh weather conditions.

Most children were beaten, which resulted in causing serious physical and psychological harm. 49 H. R., a 16-year-old in the 11th grade from Silwan, Jerusalem, was arrested in December.30 He was assaulted inside the interrogation room of al-Mascobiyya Interrogation Center. Three interrogators interrogated him and threatened him that he should confess within two minutes. When he denied the charges, one of the interrogators hit the chair on which he was sitting, with his hands tied to iron handcuffs to the back, so he fell to the ground. He was threatened that they will rape his mother if he did not confess. Another interrogator severely beat him on his left thigh, which caused his foot to twitch. The interrogator also punched the child repeatedly on his left shoulder and beat him with his foot on his head and body.

In addition to psychological and physical torture, children are subjected to deliberate medical negligence. The health of sick children is aggravated by the conditions of their detention, interrogation or prisons in general.

Yassin Shbeita, a 16 years old child from the village of Azzun, was arrested on 31 October 2018 at 2:30 am. He suffers from shortness of breath and chronic asthma. He told the soldiers about his health conditions when he was arrested, but they did not take this into account. On the contrary, they transferred him in the military jeep to Tzufim settlement, where they cuffed his hands and feet with plastic restraints and forced him to walk. It was cold and he fell to the ground whenever he tried to walk. After that, they took him to Kdumim settlement where they interrogated him at a police station there. The Israeli soldiers did not allow him to eat or drink, and he did not go to the bathroom for 15 hours. As a result, his health deteriorated and he fainted. http://www.addameer.org/ sites/default/files/publications /for_webtqryr_lnthkt_lnhyy_lnjlyzy.pdf

In reply toRe: msg 14
BerrySteph

From: BerrySteph

12/3/19

adwil said:

You're just jealous of your own lack of real heritage.

Probably.

But you hate your own. Over and over again you were wilfully and fraudulently anti-British.

adwil

From: adwil

12/3/19

"But you hate your own. Over and over again you were wilfully and fraudulently anti-British."

Rot. I criticise my country when it's wrong. 

In reply toRe: msg 17
BerrySteph

From: BerrySteph

12/3/19

adwil said:

I criticise my country when it's wrong. 

I do the same.

But I do it when it breaks International law and carries out atrocities - you do it recklessly when, for instance, the US (alone) blocked Jews escaping through Spain to North Africa.

adwil

From: adwil

12/3/19

adwil said:
<<I criticise my country when it's wrong. >>
BerrySteph said:

when, for instance, the US (alone) blocked Jews escaping through Spain to North Africa.

???????????????????????????????

In reply toRe: msg 19
BerrySteph

From: BerrySteph

12/4/19

You attended a seminar on the "Bermuda Conference" (itself quite an odd thing to do) and announced that it blamed the British for betraying the Jews and keeping them trapped in Europe.

No evidence of that whatsoever - other sources claim the British were campaigning for a partial solution, let the refugees out of Spain into North Africa.

You're just defending very evil people who wanted there to be a Holocaust.

TOP