Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hoarders   World Wide WTF?

Started 12/3/19 by Harold27Z; 1036 views.
Harold27Z

12/3/19

Has anyone seen reality TV programs about hoarders ?  They all feature houses resembling sickenizing pig-sties, but not so tidy.  They all feature people who became "progressively" worse.  Surely this is a contradiction in terms ?  How can being messy be considered "progressive" ?

All the programs feature a psychiatrist or a psychologist.   Nobody draws the logical conclusion: the hoarders are mentally retarded.

Some houses are so full of trash, its impossible to identify the original purpose of each room.

Do you reckon the offensive offenders belong in a tax-payer funded nut-house ?

jra2750

12/3/19

I watch those reruns periodically and U have nailed it correctly:  Hoarders R mentally deranged. What gets me is this:  many of them have been cleaned up B4 and it only takes a little while when the place is once again a mess.  

That these situations make good TV is, of course, true.  It helps if the family or friends start yelling with lots of cursing.  And to put the frosting on this cake the cameras always manage to show the toilet full 2 the brim as well as the cockroaches running to and fro.  Talk about contrived.  Talk about taking advantage of 'situations' for entertainment...amazing.  And very very popular.

Harold27Z

12/3/19

Everyone, from the psychiatrists to the film crew should tell the nut-cases they are nut-cases.

We also like clowns getting shat out on Gordon Ramsey's Hotel Hell.  My son likes Bar Rescue where consultant Jon Taffer shits out bankrupt owners who fail to prioritize.  But it bores me when staff get taught how to mix cocktails.  I only want to see the confrontations.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/5/19

I have to admit Gordon Ramsey is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Did you see the one where he could not help the pizza place and walked out?

Ramsay Clashes with Aggressive Owner | Kitchen Nightmares

SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW HELL'S KITCHEN CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt1fxPc6KaOeMxdhtUcEEEA Gordon and owner Samy clash over Samy's refusal to give...

Harold27Z

12/5/19

Somehow I was blissfully unaware of that excellent clip with juicy confrontational value.  I am downloading it now.

PTG (anotherPTG)

12/5/19

Youtube is awash with these:

Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares series

RGoss99

12/5/19

Equally retarded, if not more so is the thousands of people who entrtain themselves by watching such programs, which increases their ratings, and income for the producers..

Harold27Z

12/5/19

I prefer the Hotel Hell series which tend to focus less on cooking which I find boring.  Hotel Hell has a wider scope for highlighting problems in hotel rooms, bar and restaurant. 

jra2750

12/6/19

May I respectfully suggest that U R a glutton for punishment.  Must B some interesting and provoking conversations at your dinner table...or perhaps U dine solo?

jra2750

12/6/19

Total baloney two-time Rock and Roll.  Every action and word is planned ala Jerry Springer.  I don't watch Ramsey except if I happen to catch a but while I'm surfing.  Absolutely the worst.