Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Harry and Meghan - who gives a crap?   The U.K and Europe

Started 1/13/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 20197 views.
bml00

Mar-13

The winners are the Press the losers are the Royals and H & M , I am sure the brothers remain in contact , Charles will do as HM tells him and is there racism in the Royal Household one has to ask if they are any different from anybody else and it appears they are not

BM

adwil

Mar-13

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Queen Elizabeth II has never apologized for the monarchy's connection to the British slave trade,

"Queen Elizabeth II has never apologized for the monarchy's connection to the British slave trade,"

Why should she? Should I apologise if my Great Great Grandfather was a murderer? Don't be silly.

There is no point in apologising for ancestors who were behaving fully in accord with the beliefs and standards of the time and supported by the  Established Church.

If she ever did, she would be well justified in mentioning that her Royal Navy freed something like 300,000 slaves destined for the plantations and mines of South America in the years after the UK abolished the slave trade. 

adwil

Mar-13

"Meghan, the wife of Prince Harry, has complained to Britain's media regulator about broadcaster Piers Morgan and his comment that he did not believe a word she had said in her landmark interview with Oprah Winfrey."

Simply an attack on freedom of speech. The Regulators will investigate as they have to,  but the statement was an unscripted part of a programme and not something ITV had any control over. If Meghan wants to take Piers Morgan to court for slander, then good luck to her, but I think it would be the height of stupidity because she would have to prove to the Court that what she said in the interviews was the truth, and that still wouldn't be enough to skewer Morgan who is fully entitled to his opinion.

adwil

Mar-13

bml00 said:

"The winners are the Press the losers are the Royals and H & M"

Bit too early. There's still a lot we don't know. 

It's a great story for the tabloids. I suspect that H&M will be more damaged than the Royal Family which has survived much worse.

In a YouGov poll, the public was split but 36% sympathised with the Queen whereas 22% sympathised with H&M. (I assume the rest had no opinion.).

bml00

Mar-13

IMO this is not about HM this is about Charles and his treatment of the lads and his own selfish life style 

BM

adwil

Mar-13

You may well be right. 

The whole Diana thing was a total disaster and that was the family's fault. Charles, at that time, was incapable of standing up for himself and did as he was told because he had to have a couple of heirs to the throne. Diana was too immature to really understand what was happening. Her death was a huge shame because she'd finally found a niche where she could do some good in the world. 

If Charles hadn't been under the QM and Qs (PPs) thumb he should have married Camilla, his first real love. unfortunately this didn't fit with the family's plans and it is thought permission to marry Camilla would have been refused as each senior royal had their own favourite wife for Charles. 

A mess.

bml00

Mar-13

HM has rightly or wrongly put her duty before all else , she will most likely be the last Monarch to do so , her need to put her duty before her family has created the disaster we see today .

Charles was possibly the least loved and Andrew the Most I am not sure how Anne or Edward ever fitted in if they ever fitted in , Phillip was a philanderer and I am sure the kids knew all of this and all of this has tainted their lives forever .

Harry and William would have been deeply affected by the death of the Mother no less so than being now in the hands of their Father and eventually Camilla , you have a recipe for chronic dysfunction passed Father to Son 

BM

adwil

Mar-13

I don't disagree, though I suspect that William will put duty first.

Yes I know about Philip. 

Like the 'chronic dysfunction'. Guess Meghan married into the right family.

bml00

Mar-13

Meghan has also come from a dysfunctional family , the father should be put away for his chronic stupidity , I guess they were both ( H & M) attracted to their mutual madness

BM

adwil

Mar-13

She does. I think the Royal family welcomed her, not that they had any choice, but the restrictions of being a Royal were too much for her to cope with and what has happened was inevitable.