Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Harry and Meghan - who gives a crap?   The U.K and Europe

Started 1/13/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 23313 views.
adwil

3/13/21

We usually do ;-)

bml00

3/14/21

IF you are not busy and want to see some madness on a scale yet seen before go to Polters and see Berry who has lost the plot with everybody and everything .

As he cant abide you it would bring great pleasure to see you as his nemesis appear to haunt him 

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/14/21

adwil said:

Why should she? Should I apologise if my Great Great Grandfather was a murderer? Don't be silly.

So, official apologies for the Holocaust are "silly"?  Official apologies for slavery are "silly"?

This means that all anyone has to do to avoid atonement is wait for any 'hands on' people to die, then shrug and say - "not my fault".

Then there is no closure.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/14/21

adwil said:

Simply an attack on freedom of speech.

People love to tout "freedom of speech" as an excuse to be cruel. 

For the record, her specific complaint was in regard to the damage that he was doing to all those suffering from mental illness being deterred from seeking help for fear they will be treated as Meghan is being treated right now - being presented as an attention-seeking, lying pariah.

Not exactly in the best interests of public health.

But, while we're free to give our opinions, then Piers Morgan is a vile prick.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/14/21

adwil said:

The whole Diana thing was a total disaster and that was the family's fault.

Yet, the exact same family bears no responsibility for the treatment of her son?

In reply toRe: msg 224
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/14/21

adwil

3/14/21

bml00 said:

"it would bring great pleasure to see you as his nemesis appear to haunt him "

I do keep an eye on Polter's forum but rarely comment. B lives in a world of his own. I would only comment directly if the posters there actually believed his ramblings. 

adwil

3/14/21

<<Should I apologise if my Great Great Grandfather was a murderer? Don't be silly.>>

"official apologies for the Holocaust are "silly"?  Official apologies for slavery are "silly"?"

Not what I wrote.

"Official" apologies by a country or organisation or entity that participated in an historical wrong are not 'silly'. 

For example, it would be right, sensible and just for Australian State governments to apologise for their complicity in aboriginal genocide because they're the same state entities that turned a blind eye to or encouraged what was happening. 

If any Australian individual who participated in aboriginal genocide is still living, then an apology from them would not be silly because individuals can apologise for their actions in the past.

We are all responsible for what we do in life but we cannot be responsible for what our ancestors did or crimes committed by our relatives and children. 

To me 'apology' is about responsibility for an act personally committed or committed by an entity that existed then and still exists today. I cannot apologise for someone else though I may criticise and regret their actions.

adwil

3/14/21

"For the record, her specific complaint was in regard to the damage that he was doing to all those suffering from mental illness being deterred from seeking help for fear they will be treated as Meghan is being treated right now - being presented as an attention-seeking, lying pariah."

It's far too early to know if she was denied help.  

I do not automatically believe people who make allegations against others, especially if it's within a family. 

"Piers Morgan is a vile prick."

You are entitled to your opinion as he is entitled to his. 

adwil

3/14/21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

"Yet, the exact same family bears no responsibility for the treatment of her son?"

I really don't know what you're talking about. Be specific. I can't see any similarity between Charles/Diana and Harry/Meghan.