Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Harry and Meghan - who gives a crap?   The U.K and Europe

Started 1/13/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 22080 views.
adwil

Mar-19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Why would she deliberately subject herself to this backlash if it were all a lie, and she was perfectly fine and happy being a member of the Royal Family?

At last you've put your finger on her probable motivation. Being a working member of the Royal Family would mean the end of her life as an actress and would mean that she moved permanently to the UK and turned her back on her previous minor celebrity life and was distanced from her American friends. 

She certainly wasn't happy to be a member of the Royal Family, but had to manufacture circumstances to detach Harry from his family, friends and his life of service.

That she has done very effectively, for the time being, at least. 

In the future, Harry may realise that he's been manipulated. 

bml00

Mar-19

I am sure William and Harry are talking and I am guessing HM is also involved , Harry has to be cautious that he does not end up like a very disenchanted Uncle of his 80 years previously 

BM

adwil

Mar-19

bml00 said:

I am sure William and Harry are talking and I am guessing HM is also involved , Harry has to be cautious that he does not end up like a very disenchanted Uncle of his 80 years previously 

Oh yes, I agree. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that he's in occasional contact with Charles and the Queen as well as William. However, he has to play that carefully. If Meghan is sensible then she ought to accept that contact, but she may regard it as behind her back disloyal and give Harry a kicking.

bml00

Mar-19

Harry will have a sense of Duty and I am guessing a sense of Guilt , Meghan will have to play her cards carefully 

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Mar-21

Strange.  Harry was clear that their life in the US will be dedicated to public service.

I guess he was lying?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Mar-21

You said the Royal Family were responsible for what happened to Diana.

Why weren't they responsible for her son, too?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Mar-21

My God, how you must hate her.

adwil

Mar-21

Harry was clear that their life in the US will be dedicated to public service. I guess he was lying?

Too early to tell. I hope he does.

adwil

Mar-21

You said the Royal Family were responsible for what happened to Diana. 

What I wrote was:  "The whole Diana thing was a total disaster and that was the family's fault. Charles, at that time, was incapable of standing up for himself and did as he was told because he had to have a couple of heirs to the throne. Diana was too immature to really understand what was happening. Her death was a huge shame because she'd finally found a niche where she could do some good in the world. "

Charles and Diana were pushed into an unsuitable marriage by both their families.  Once in that marriage, they were responsible for what happened, not their families. It was a real shame that Diana died when she'd built up an independent life and purpose of her own. 

Why weren't they responsible for her son, too?

That was Charles' responsibility until Harry was old enough to take important decisions himself.

adwil

Mar-21

You ask for her possible motivation. I supply a motivation and you think I hate Meghan. 

I neither know her, want to know her or hate her.