Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Derailed thread   World Wide WTF?

Started Jan-30 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 7249 views.
MEDDLY

Feb-29

You know Berry, we could be talking about chickpeas and Berry would insert "Israel invaded Lebanon to take over the Hummus Industry!"

Did you know an Iranian MP succumbed to the coronavirus? I'm just wondering when...

Meanwhile:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-device-could-help-treat-coronavirus-patients-in-china/

• Edited February 29, 2020 10:34 am  by  MEDDLY
BerrySteph

Feb-29

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

China is unaccustomed to being transparent about any situation. But the bacteria don't care about China's rules.

I have always treated BMs information with great respect. 

He appears to have good access to state-level intelligence (or at least, state-level scuttle-butt) and it should be good.

Strangely, he has repeatedly posted material/predictions that should be good but has turned into dust.

Making me wonder if he's nothing but an elderly lothario.

Not that I'd say this to his face, of course.

CC to RGoss99
BerrySteph

Feb-29

Di (amina046) said:

Specially trained paramedics being dispatched to people's homes to take samples amid escalating worries of outbreak following visit by tourists found to have virus

I wonder whether Israel's proximity to a concentration camp will turn out to be a huge weakness. 

The fact they never introduced Ebola into Gaza suggests they know they're vulnerable.

BerrySteph

Feb-29

In the space of a week South Korea has gone from dealing with a couple of dozen COVID-19 cases to being the next frontier for containing coronavirus. It has prompted locals to hit out at public harm auntie for ignoring advice to get tested.

I love stories like this - what could be more fun than an old-fashioned witch-hunt?

Many of the 833 cases relate to a secretive religious sect and an alleged "super spreader" reportedly dubbed a "public harm auntie" by angry South Koreans for ignoring advice to get tested.

"We have vividly witnessed how dangerous it is to have mass meetings in an enclosed indoor place in terms of the spread of a contagious disease," Mr Moon said.

"I urge everyone to restrain themselves from group events or activities, not only in indoor places, but also outdoor places which can harm others — the people of the country."

A 61-year-old worshipper at the secretive Shincheonji Church of Jesus in Daegu — a city of 2.5 million — tested positive on February 18.

The deadly coronavirus is spreading across the globe, with no end in sight — here is a timeline of key events so far and what to expect next.

And while authorities don't know how she contracted the virus, many South Koreans are blaming her for spreading it.

The unnamed woman has become the subject of an intense witch hunt, with many online calling her "reckless", "evil" and "crazy".

She's been criticised for reportedly ignoring symptoms, attending the church twice, lunching with friends and initially refusing to be tested for the virus because she hadn't recently travelled abroad.

BerrySteph

Feb-29

Di (amina046) said:

I wonder if Trump is going to keep up his rallies and how many people would show up?

Wicked woman - how could you see the political advantage in this?

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-anthony-fauci-trump-admin-stops-discussion-2020-2
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, at a White House press conference on the coronavirus on Wednesday.  Michael Brochstein / Echoes Wire/Barcroft Media via Getty Images

The Trump administration barred a top US disease expert from speaking freely to the public after he warned the coronavirus might be impossible to contain

28th Feb 2020 - The Trump administration barred a top US disease expert from speaking freely to the public after he warned the coronavirus might be impossible to contain

President Donald Trump's administration has barred one of the top US experts on infectious diseases from speaking out about the coronavirus outbreak without permission from the White House, The New York Times reported Thursday, in an apparent bid to stop contradictory messages about the public-health crisis.

At a Wednesday press conference, Trump announced that Vice President Mike Pence — who has faced criticism for his handling of an HIV outbreak as Indiana governor — would lead US efforts to halt the spread of the illness and that Pence would report directly to Trump.

Among the first steps Pence took was to institute measures to coordinate messaging, which would require top officials to seek clearance before making public statements on the illness.

Those officials included Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. He told associates the White House "had instructed him not to say anything else without clearance," The Times said.

"This is not true," said a NIAID spokesperson of the report, in an emailed statement to Business Insider. 

Fauci has led the institute — a federal agency focused on researching infectious diseases — since 1984, and he has a key role in coordinating efforts on global health issues, according to the agency's website.

He has also advised six presidents on domestic and global health issues such as HIV and AIDS.

BerrySteph

Feb-29

Coronavirus is now hitting populations in Europe and the Middle East. It appears a pandemic is inevitable, experts say, and we all need to start preparing.

That's something else you were not supposed to say.

Three days later it might look entirely appropriate.

BerrySteph

Feb-29

katiek2 said:

A more truthful and accurate article would have said  "ALL top officials are required to seek clearance before making public statements on the illness in an effort to coordinate messaging." Yes, the government does not want to spread panic.  Is that a bad thing?  BTW Fauci was just on Fox News.  Is that muzzling him?

Is that in China?

What happened to the market-place of ideas as we're used to?

Or did that cease in 2003 with the occupation and genocide in Iraq?

BerrySteph

Feb-29

katiek2 said:

Oh lordie! ANOTHER whistleblower who is seeking protection...

Whistle-blowers (ie professional individuals seeing and reporting serious mal-practise, people like Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden) need protection in all cases.

Its very dangerous when President Xi lashes out at the man who reports a potential pandemic.

Fortunately, you're from a western nation with a robust culture of freedom to report wrong-doing and will understand.

BerrySteph

Feb-29

adwil said:

There is no error. It's a CDC estimate based on the numbers that contracted influenza during 2018-19. 

Oops, you were not saying there were 42 million people in the UK - in fact, it doesn't appear you were talking about the UK atall. Sorry.

BerrySteph

Feb-29

bml00 said:

At which point do you say enough is enough - an epidemic is now somehow correlated with Israel and Jews ?

I'm somewhat perturbed - are you saying that this man was a Jew?

This is the boasting testimony of bulldozer driver "Kurdi Bear", translated and re-published for us by an Israeli NGO, Gush Shalom.

May 31, 2002 ... "I entered Jenin, driven by madness, by desperation, in the worst condition possible". ... "They were warned by loudspeaker to get out of the house before I come, but I gave no one a chance. I didn't wait. I didn't give one blow, and wait for them to come out. I would just ram the house with full power, to bring it down as fast as possible" ... "I didn't see dead bodies under the blade of the D-9, but I don't care if there where any." ... "For three days, I just erased and erased" ... "I kept drinking whisky to fight off fatigue"

Moshe Nissim, nicknamed "Kurdi Bear" ... speaks with no censorship about his time of glory. http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/channels/archive/archives_kurdi_eng/ - DEAD - reprinted here - https://ifamericaknew.org/cur_sit/stadium.html

That is one small part of the atrocity as it was published (then removed) in Yediot Aharonot, Israel's most widely circulated tabloid paper.

Despite the widespread disgust at what Moshe Nissim had done and concern that he'd told the world and disgust at the IDF employing such a sadistic madman, the unit to which he belonged received an official citation for outstanding service from the army command and he got the same medal as the rest.