Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Corporate bull   Don't know where to post it? Here is fine

Started Jan-31 by Harold27Z; 221 views.
Harold27Z

Jan-31

One day, I inserted a card into an ATM slot.  A protective steel shield lifted and sliced off a third of the card.  I did not proceed and pressed the "Cancel" button. As the card popped out, the steel shield sliced off another third.  I explained the incident at my branch and asked for a replacement card.  The clerk said I needed to pay a small fee.  I sent her to double-check with the manager who concurred.  I was pissed-off and closed my account.  I wrote to the regional head office and included a spicy cock and bull story about advising my dad to cancel a major investment.  The regional head office rang apologizing and saying I can reopen the account etc.  I did not.

I just had to teach them a lesson on principles.

Has anyone had similar experiences ?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I remember when my mother was buying a new car.

I had enough to pay for it, so she did not have to touch her superannuation.

I can't remember the exact price of the car - about $25,000 - whatever.

I walked into the bank and said I needed to withdraw $25k.

They said fine, but the cost of the bank cheque was $12.50.

I said "I'll take the cash, then."

They said "No, we don't have that much cash on hand."

I said, "I'll have a free bank cheque, then."

They said. "No, the cost of the bank cheque was $12.50"

Finally the girl got the manager and I only had to repeat the circuit of logic once more to get my free bank cheque.

Harold27Z

Feb-1

To get maximum home-loan subsidy, I requested a home loan of X and offered to deposit half that amount as security .  The manager offered me 90% of what I wanted meaning I would only score 90% of the maximum subsidy.  I got the full loan elsewhere and paid it off over 3 years.  Meanwhile, the first bank manager was fired for incompetence / bad judgements.

Di (amina046)

Feb-11

A wealthy client went to see his bank manager and asked for a $ 5.000,— loan. The manager, very surprised, said you have a lot more in your account, I will gladly give it to but I must ask you for a guarantee. It is our policy. So the client said: my brand new Mercedes is just outside the door, that should cover the loan. So they parked the car in the bank’s garage.

2 weeks later the client came back and repaid his loan plus interest. The manager asked what it was really about and the client said: where else can you park your car in a safe place In New York for that price!