Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Niqab, burka and veils   The U.K and Europe

Started Feb-20 by Di (amina046); 3553 views.
Di (amina046)

Feb-21

it certainly is part of some countries local custom since there is nothing in the Quoran about these coverings.

BerrySteph

Feb-22

Di (amina046) said:

So do I, but as I said there is a lot of opposition coming not only from Islamic sides but from Human rights org. and people equalling it to freedom of religion

I object to people (other than clerics) wearing their religion and flaunting it in the street.

bml00

Feb-22

people that move from one society to the other take with them their wish to retain their identity , in my case you can take the man from England but you cant take England from the man , in the case of Religious expression via clothing it is east versus west .

If one day you hopefully come to Israel and venture to Jerusalem you will more than likely will want to see the section where the Hassidic Jews live (I cant imagine why anybody would bother but they do in their droves) you are requested to wear suitable respectful clothing - no shorts , woman with long sleeves and no short skirts

BM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPmHYkFi1II

SQUADDYB

Feb-22

Its funny that a motorcyclist cant go into a bank wearing his helmet, but someone wearing a gown with a mere slit to see out of can.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-23

Protestors did this a few years ago at Parliament House in Canberra.

Image result for parliament house burqa KKK stunt

SQUADDYB

Feb-23

What were they protesting about, Jen?

BerrySteph

Feb-23

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Protestors did this a few years ago at Parliament House in Canberra.

Almost bound to be racists posing for a propaganda picture to use against the defenceless.

Why do you fall for this racist garbage, similar to what might have been used (but as best I know, never was used) by the Nazis against the Jews?

bml00

Feb-24

Nazis Jews did not take long

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-24

They were seeing which one of the three would be allowed through the door and into the Parliamentary chamber.

RGoss99

Feb-24

I hear mumblings here on Mallorca, my village is 10% Muslim, but don´t see a  problem for the following reasos:

1. On school days an outsider would not be able to identify a Muslim from a non-Muslim by clothing.

2. During the Bush administration the Muslim market stopped selling Coke, Pepsi, Schwepse products, and shifted to Mecca Cola (French-Algerian company), that ceased about the time Obama became president.

3. There are two occasions where I see Muslim traditional dress, either older married women, recent arrivals and Muslim and/or school festivals for high school girls because while their every day clothes are western, they consider the American pop dress up styles immodest. Our girl´s basket ball team does not dress any differently then a similar team in the U.S. or the U.K. 

4. Our villae has a judge, who invites the local mulah into court sessions on an advistory role where Muslims are involved. The court has no tolerance for Muslims attempting to enforce Shiíra laws that are different from our local laws. 

5. I was teaching in Turkey a little over a month ago, flew to Istanbul vis Barcelona. In BCN I saw only 5 Muslim in Burkahs, but in Istanbl, I only saw 1, and 1 other in Anatolia. Many law enforcement Turks are women, but only about 1/2 wore the equivalent of a U.K. Balaclava but with the entire face exposed. 

6. The only laws we have here, and they have not been uuccessfully challenged. Is that women with face covering are not allowed in pubic buildings, theatres, sports event venues. This is justified for security reasons as these places all have CCTV coverage, which would be useless if women were allowed in with just their eyes showing. I have never seen a burkah on this island, and the majority of Muslim women do not cover their hair.

there is however one area of self segregation depending on which branch of Islam. Very few of our teen girls use our swimming pool, but this does not extend down to girlsof primary school age. but this is a matter of personal and/or family choice, and I have not seen any public control over public behavior, as I have seen from some born again types, who shout the equivalent of slut or whore against Europeans whose personal dress they consider inappropriate.