Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Niqab, burka and veils   The U.K and Europe

Started Feb-20 by Di (amina046); 3555 views.
bml00

Feb-21

Here in Israel they can wear what they want , the full veil will more than likely only be seen in and around Jerusalem and FYI there are Jewish sects who also wear the same type of garments , in fact the fruitcakes that do wear them also wear multiple layers so in the summertime they must be a treat to sit next to . Most if not all that is Islam has found its roots in Judaism .

Orthodox jewish `Taliban women` read street poster in jewish quarter

bml00

Feb-21

Israeli Bedouin Police Woman who is now a senior officer

bml00

Feb-21

Pointy hat Jewish Taliban women

In reply toRe: msg 4
Di (amina046)

Feb-21

Yes of course Islam has its origin in Judaism and Christianity, being the latecomer.

I did not know about the pointed hat! Very interesting, as is the fact that Police officer is allowed to wear her scarf.

bml00

Feb-21

Christianity came before Islam by about 7 centuries , it shares with Judaism many date same festivals - Easter coincides with Passover and Christmas with Hanukkah and for some time shared the same days for the Sabbath until one of the Popes got the hump and changed from Saturday till Sunday .

The pointy hat sect apparently wear a traffic cone , the police officer (woman) I have actually seen several and was (don't tell anybody) very happy that Israel takes such an open issue to such things (given our penchant for doing some things ass upwards ) , the Surgeon General of the IDF is an Arab and is one of the most important Police Officers is a Major General 

One day not long from now , the President of Israel will be an Arab and at that point we can hold for all our imperfections our heads high in this region

BM

SQUADDYB

Feb-21

Very interesting, as is the fact that Police officer is allowed to wear her scarf.<<

Have you ever visited the UK?  Very prominent, and Muslims are catered to and actively recruited under the guise of equal opportunity, etc.

Di (amina046)

Feb-21

I have indeed, but as I said it now becomes a security issue in some European countries, as well as a question of laicity as in the French Constitution.

adwil

Feb-21

Di (amina046) said:

I personally oppose these vestments in Europe and especially children and young ladies should certainly not be able to assist in class or university covered up.

I oppose face coverings like niqab or burka. I'm quite happy with the hijab because the face is visible. 

In reply toRe: msg 9
Di (amina046)

Feb-21

So do I, but as I said there is a lot of opposition coming not only from Islamic sides but from Human rights org. and people equalling it to freedom of religion

CC to BerrySteph
adwil

Feb-21

Di (amina046) said:

freedom of religion

I tend to think it's a cultural thing.