Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 20838 views.
BerrySteph

4/3/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

What happens if Trump tries to cancel the US election because of coronavirus? The outbreak of coronavirus in the US has already delayed a bunch of elections. Read more from ABC News

That's a rather desperate article.

The US Constitution has already been torn up once, in 1861 (ie after 80 years)

There was almost a fascist coup in the US in 1933 (was this the sole reason for another immense blood-letting after another 80 years? FDR saw external enemy and war the only way to stay in power?) and the US Constitution has been trashed over the confirmation of Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court (after another 80 years).

The US Constitution is a terrible device guaranteeing tyrrany in many ways. Its not going to be allowed to put Trump in jail as he so richly deserves.

You'll see me proved correct.

(Though I'd not be surprised if Trump drops dead of "natural causes" in the next few months and Pence is made President "by acclamation").

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/7/20

Opinion

BerrySteph

4/7/20

The coronavirus crisis has forced the US presidential campaign to change in unprecedented ways.

A thoughtful article.

I've been wrong too often on how Trump will fall to make any more predictions.

But on balance I'd expect that a fraudulent election is held with Trump getting 51% of the vote.

But only because victory by 99% would be too much for even Americans to accept.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/8/20

BerrySteph said:

But only because victory by 99% would be too much for even Americans to accept.

Not Donald!

In reply toRe: msg 20
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/9/20

BerrySteph

4/9/20

Voters in one US state are heading to the polls, despite the US struggle to contain coronavirus. Here's what you need to know.

Sorry, I tried to read that story but my attention was drawn by this one, so much more iconic American:

jra2750

4/9/20

BINGO!  Donald Trump has no challenger.  IF there is even 1 debate it will become evident to the 'uninitiated' that Joe Biden is in stage 3 of Alzheimers.  He'll do ok for a couple of minutes and then OFF HE GOES INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER...all over the map.  

BerrySteph

4/9/20

jra2750 said:

BINGO!  Donald Trump has no challenger.  IF there is even 1 debate it will become evident to the 'uninitiated' that Joe Biden is in stage 3 of Alzheimers.  He'll do ok for a couple of minutes and then OFF HE GOES INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER...all over the map.

So how did US democracy go so totally off the rails?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/10/20

All Biden has to do to win is not speak until after the election.

All Trump has to do is let Covid spread to November and refuse to allow postal voting.

jra2750

4/10/20

I wasn't aware that American Democracy HAS gone 'off the rails' as U imply.  Explain please.  Thanx.