Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 14505 views.
In reply toRe: msg 20
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

BerrySteph

Apr-9

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Voters in one US state are heading to the polls, despite the US struggle to contain coronavirus. Here's what you need to know.

Sorry, I tried to read that story but my attention was drawn by this one, so much more iconic American:

jra2750

Apr-9

BINGO!  Donald Trump has no challenger.  IF there is even 1 debate it will become evident to the 'uninitiated' that Joe Biden is in stage 3 of Alzheimers.  He'll do ok for a couple of minutes and then OFF HE GOES INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER...all over the map.  

BerrySteph

Apr-9

jra2750 said:

BINGO!  Donald Trump has no challenger.  IF there is even 1 debate it will become evident to the 'uninitiated' that Joe Biden is in stage 3 of Alzheimers.  He'll do ok for a couple of minutes and then OFF HE GOES INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER...all over the map.

So how did US democracy go so totally off the rails?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-10

All Biden has to do to win is not speak until after the election.

All Trump has to do is let Covid spread to November and refuse to allow postal voting.

jra2750

Apr-10

I wasn't aware that American Democracy HAS gone 'off the rails' as U imply.  Explain please.  Thanx.

bml00

Apr-10

There is no doubt that Trump will win , like him or loathe him he is going to get his 2nd term

BM

MEDDLY

Apr-10

I disagree. The way he's handling the current CRISIS, even George McGovern (circa 1972) would beat him.

Msg 1223.29 deleted
BerrySteph

Apr-10

jra2750 said:

I wasn't aware that American Democracy HAS gone 'off the rails' as U imply.  Explain please.  Thanx.

It went off the rails when Obama was not allowed to get his SC nomination through - and most clearly, when Kavanaugh's confirmation was rammed through.

Kavanaugh was an exceptionally bad choice, rejected by around half of your population - and apparently wide open to blackmail.

That's when I knew that the US was spiralling down to a very dark place.