Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 34350 views.
katiek2

Oct-24

Did you read the entire article you posted?  The author laid out several possible reasons.

katiek2

Oct-24

Well, that was a carefully worded hit piece.  Stay tuned - if there is any violence, I'll bet you it won't be by Republicans.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-25

Yes.  I agree with the last theory.  It's just stirring the pot.  More instability in the US is the most logical goal.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-25

katiek2 said:

Stay tuned - if there is any violence, I'll bet you it won't be by Republicans.

Meaning Republicans all over the US will turn the other cheek?  They will accept the defeat of Trump with grace and humility?  They will respect the will of the people and take pride in the democratic process?

Oh, that would be lovely.

In reply toRe: msg 494
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-26

In reply toRe: msg 495
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-26

katiek2

Oct-26

Why would we do anything different this time than we did when any other liberal president was elected?  There's always going to be idiots on both sides that make trouble simply for the sake of making trouble.  But republicans as a group will not be burning down the town because they don't like the election outcome.  Sadly, I can't say the same for the liberals.

katiek2

Oct-26

Yes, that's exactly what we will do.  Oh, we may bitch about an outcome unfavorable to us, but we will do it in our own homes, among our family and friends, JUST LIKE WE'VE DONE ANY OTHER TIME A PERSON WE DIDN'T LIKE WAS ELECTED.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-27

katiek2 said:

Why would we do anything different this time than we did when any other liberal president was elected?

Because this isn't like any other time in your country's history.

Every year you become more and more divided.

Every year you get closer to the proverbial straw.

You think of these sorts of conflicts only happening in "shithole" countries with warring factions.

Yet the sparks are pretty much the same... distrust in the electoral process, ethnic discrimination, police brutality...

And a recent Reuters poll says 40% of ALL Americans (Trump and Biden voters equally) will NOT accept an election result that does not go their way.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-27

katiek2 said:

JUST LIKE WE'VE DONE ANY OTHER TIME A PERSON WE DIDN'T LIKE WAS ELECTED.

This is the first time a sitting President has called for citizens to rise up against his political opponents, the media and their fellow citizens.  This is not like ANY OTHER TIME.