Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 57381 views.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/15/20

Monty Python- Just a Flesh Wound

A very funny scene from 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'. Enjoy!

Di (amina046)

12/18/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/19/20

Mitch has put the orders out to accept the election.

He has all the power.

Di (amina046)

12/20/20

NAACP files suit accusing Trump, GOP of violating KKK Act

The NAACP is accusing President Trump and the Republican Party of violating the Ku Klux Klan Act with their efforts to overturn election results in key battleground states.

In an amended lawsuit filed Monday night, the civil rights organization added the Reconstruction-era law to their case against the president's campaign that was filed last month.

"Defendants' efforts to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters - targeting cities with large Black populations, including Detroit, Michigan, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Atlanta, Georgia - repeat the worst abuses in our nation's history, where Black Americans were denied a voice in American democracy for most of the first two centuries of the Republic," the new lawsuit reads.

The NAACP filed the lawsuit last month on behalf of the Michigan Welfare Rights Organization and a group of Black Michigan voters, accusing the Trump campaign of violating the Voting Rights Act in seeking to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's victory.

The amended lawsuit added the Republican National Committee (RNC) as a defendant in the case and the allegations about the Ku Klux Klan Act.

The complaint accuses the campaign and the RNC of violating the 1871 law's prohibition against "preventing by force, intimidation, or threat, any citizen who is lawfully entitled to vote, from giving his support or advocacy in a legal manner, toward or in favor of the election of any lawfully qualified person as an elector for President or Vice President."

snip-------------

In reply toRe: msg 575
CzoeMC

1/7/21

Yes, we will have a rational adult in power again. Not left wingy, as some would claim, and others would wish was more progressive, but at least rational, and not pathological. Even ol' Mitch has turned his cheek (which one, haha) on the trumpty humpty dumpty fiasco. He finally realized that all the king's men couldn't put together something that was scrambled on a hot plate long before. As far as kk's comments about this "protest" is concerned, it was not a protest. It was clearly an insurrection that failed to take over the government, because, even though they had plans, they were idiots who were led to believe they could do a coup cause Trump led them on. Clearly they didn't pay attention to all his other failures, only attracted to the bombast and peacock preening, as if he was a common man, like them, and not a privileged elite with fake bone spurs. A showman, a carny barker, a snake oil salesman. Well, he is not running The Apprentice now, and he is the one who's being fired. Poor baby, he is so delusional that he thinks he can bully (oh did the Bully Boys get named by him?) himself to keep the office like a tin pot dictator. That his followers managed to trespass, vandal, create mayhem in our citadel of Democracy is scandalous and shameful. Heck, we found a bunch of my dad's hunting rifles locked up,  and I'm considering claiming one, taking lessons, keeping it under my bed, since I live in a right wing county. Nah, even though I was great at skeet shooting, couldn't use a gun against a living creature, will just arm myself with bear spray if things get riotous. But since Trump has abdicated any attempt of being a leader for anything, like pandemic response, and has only his self interest involved, it is no surprise that the White House seemed to be in a blackout, as few lights could be seen there tonight. My prediction of Melania's divorce proceedings seem compelling, as a lot of his "aides" are jumping the sinking ship, just like the rats they always were. But oh could he expect loyalty when he continues to throw his followers under the bus. Did Pence escape total degradation by his lack of kiss ass today? Not to me, he is tarnished, but I can only hope that he is in charge for the next two weeks.

In reply toRe: msg 576
CzoeMC

1/7/21

Stream of thread commentary. Don't get me started about what I would like to do to the wanna be revolutionary pretender, filmed sitting at Speaker Pelosi's desk. A jackle. Trump has no teeth anymore, so they have no lions, tigers, and bears to defend the great oz. Only the jackles, hyenas, crows.

katiek2

1/7/21

CzoeMC said:

Yes, we will have a rational adult in power again. Not left wingy, as some would claim, a

Are you sure?  You're talking about a man whose campaign organizers insisted he hide in his basement and not take questions from the people in order that his senility not be so obvious.  Even so, the few times he did show his face in public he couldn't remember where he was, what office he was running for, which woman of the two he was standing between was his wife or sister; he consistently refers to his campaign as the "Harris-Biden" campaign and just last week referred to "President Harris".  His entire agenda is left wing progressive.  You might try reading it.  The 2016 election was won by Trump by a "anyone but Hillary" constituency.  He surprised people by putting us first and actually getting good things done for the country.  The next election is going to be an "anyone but a democrat" campaign.  I predict it will be a landslide victory by an republic or independent that wins a primary.

Now, I am turning my political brain off and becoming the quiet little mouse you people want all conservatives to be - but I will wield my vote when the opportunity presents itself, if it ever does again.  There are many that believe that won't happen.  With election laws changed to support certain demographics, and the electoral college shuttered, there will be no reason to vote.  The outcome is already predetermined.   With the media and tech giants censoring anything they consider "uncivil" from their opponents, while allowing the most divisive and disgusting hate speech from their chosen ones, you will never know the truth of any subject being written .  Biden is beholden to many foreign masters and can't wait to prove how "woke" he is.  This sane sensible man has supported himself and his family by trading favors for personal gain, cashing in on his name when he held power in congress and the white house for 47 years.  He did not accomplish one thing for the American people.  He is a disgrace.

• Edited January 7, 2021 8:51 am  by  katiek2