Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MH17 Trial   The U.K and Europe

Started 3/7/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 1091 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/7/20

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/10/20

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/11/20

BerrySteph

3/14/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Prosecutors say it is possible Russia successfully hacked the multi-nation investigation into the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.

When we send war-criminals for trial, maybe Russia will do the same.

Especially in this case, because it seems quite likely that Russia doesn't really need to defend them.

Its not as if Putin defended the Skripal poisoners - he put them on television so everyone would know who had done it. Their military career is tanked and they may very well be rubbed out.

Most of all, what we're learning is that Russia is on their knees militarily. Their much vaunted (by us) SAM missiles barely work - can't stop slow flying cruise missiles nor Israeli jets roaming at will over Syria.

We can be reasonably certain that MH17 was hit by accident because a Ukrainian jet was using it as a human shield.

Of course, we could start prosecuting those who use human shields as well.

But we'r not going to do that either, are we?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/15/20

BerrySteph said:

We can be reasonably certain that MH17 was hit by accident because a Ukrainian jet was using it as a human shield.

Can we?  Please, show me the report on this.

BerrySteph

3/15/20

Can we?  Please, show me the report on this.

No western investigation has been published on what brought this about (well, not that I know of).

And I'm not saying these 4 Russians are innocent or should not be punished. Just because I believe it was an accident doesn't stop it being an atrocity or reduce the importance of proscuting the perpetrators it. 

But then I want all those firing rockets at civilians to be prosecuted - do you support that?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/16/20

BerrySteph said:

But then I want all those firing rockets at civilians to be prosecuted - do you support that?

Depends, are rhetorical questions annoying?

BerrySteph

3/16/20

Depends, are rhetorical questions annoying?

We're attempting to prosecute serving members of a nation under siege for the undoubted (even if understanble) crimes they committed, firing a rocket at innocent civilians.

Its internationally impossible for pretty obvious reasons. Putin is likely furious about MH17 and is probably punishing the culprits right now (as he appeared to do over the two blundering and failing Skripal assassins)

However, I can't read other people's minds while they're under siege - let me see what you think or believe - do you want all such criminals prosecuted?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/17/20

BerrySteph said:

let me see what you think or believe

Why do you care now?

Usually you're happy to accuse me of all sorts of atrocities, while ganging up with Goss to treat me like shit.

BerrySteph

3/17/20

Why do you care now?

I'd be interested - you've implied that prosecuting people who fire rockets at civilians should be prosecuted.

How can I know if you're not simply war-mongering against Russia?