Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coronavirus   World Wide WTF?

Started 3/31/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 41444 views.
slackerx

Nov-17

In reply toRe: msg 581
slackerx

Nov-17

katiek2

Nov-17

Exactly my point.  They had a guaranteed payout of nearly 2 billion if they achieved Trump's goal; nothing if they didn't.  If they really want to be truthful, they will provide the vaccine doses to the government for free.  Then they can say they took no money and were never part of Trump's plan.

Di (amina046)

Nov-17

You have a special sense of business! Why should they give for free what they produced under  their own steam? And by the time the vaccine is on the market Trump will be a goner.

katiek2

Nov-18

I didn't say they should give away for free.  I SAID:  If they really want to say they took nothing from the government, they would not take the nearly 2 billion guaranteed buyout to speed things up.  We will never know what they would have done without that guaranteed payout, because they accepted it.  Maybe the vaccine would still have been speeded up; maybe it wouldn't have been.  

Your assumption of a lack of business acumen on my part is beneath you, Di.  I have a fairly good grasp of economics, but always appreciate a refresher course.  Of course, you didn't provide one.  Just poked at me.

Di (amina046) said:

And by the time the vaccine is on the market Trump will be a goner.

So...?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-21

THIS is interesting, and I admire Trump for trying.  Because no one has mentioned how much this vaccine is going to cost the average person.

In reply toRe: msg 587
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-21

In reply toRe: msg 588
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-24

Di (amina046)

Nov-25