Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coronavirus   World Wide WTF?

Started 3/31/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 41991 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-26

Which vaccine are they doing?

(My NYT paywall has arrived).

In reply toRe: msg 591
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-26

Di (amina046)

Nov-26

The Oxford one! Astro Zeneca

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-27

Right.

This is the one Russia wants to work with.

There are so many to keep track of - which is a good thing, I guess.

In reply toRe: msg 594
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

adwil

Dec-8

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

A sizeable minority of people believe conspiracy theories about the coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccines, some experts have warned, just as countries prepare to launch mass inoculations to get the pandemic under control.

The UK stared vaccinating this morning. The more people refuse to be vaccinated because of some idiotic conspiracy theory, the better for me, because it'll speed up my own vaccination.  I saw a poll recently that said France had more vaccine sceptics than other EU countries. I'm commenting from memory, but in the UK less than 20% were vaccine sceptics whilst in France it was more than 50%. 

I suppose that will be similar in Italy which has similar mandatory vaccine laws as France. Other EU countries are agonising over making the vaccine mandatory. (Finland is one.) Personally I think the easiest way to persuade everyone to get vaccinated is to make a coronavirus vaccination certificate obligatory at customs before traveling by air or entering a foreign country. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-10

This really is Natural Selection in motion.

And killing off the stupid will help humanity evolve.

adwil

Dec-10

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

killing off the stupid will help humanity evolve.

Only if it's the 'stupid' young. Killing off the old will have no effect at all since we've stopped reproducing.

Because no one has mentioned how much this vaccine is going to cost the average person.

It's been all over the news! The pfizer vaccine is about $40 for the two doses. Moderna is charging about $50 for the two doses. AstraZeneca, because of the warp speed contract, comes to about $8 for the two doses, and will be more available since it needs only refrigeration and not super cooling to minus 70c.

Which vaccine are they doing?

(My NYT paywall has arrived).

Load another brand of browser or two.